• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hearing aids as "connected helmet"

2022 F750gs
I'm wondering if anyone has hand success connecting hearing aid via Bluetooth to the bike.
I go to setting add helmet speakers but they won't connect.

Why would you wear hearing aids on the bike? It will do nothing but accentuate surrounding noises further damaging your hearing. I remove mine and use S Plug.

"OSHA advises that in workplaces with potentially hazardous noise levels, hearing-impaired individuals should not wear their hearing aids without additional hearing protection. In some cases, hearing aids can be worn under protective earmuffs; a hearing conservation professional should evaluate each case individually."

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, but look at the links about hearing aids at the bottom of your post. I see 4 or 5 threads about that very thing.

I have not

When I was first told I would need hearing aids, I looked diligently for a pair that could cancel noise as well as boost hearing. The reason, I ride motorcycle and loved the idea of having my smart phone pipe in music and such to listen to.

Sadly there is not such thing and I found as already posted, the aids amplify the noise to a bad level. Now that I have hearing in only one ear, I protect the heck out of it by NOT wearing the aids while riding and using plugs to protect what hearing I still have.

By the way, I ride behind a fairing and still the noise is high. Don't loose what you have, you will not like the results. St.

When I was first told I would need hearing aids, I looked diligently for a pair that could cancel noise as well as boost hearing. The reason, I ride motorcycle and loved the idea of having my smart phone pipe in music and such to listen to.

Sadly there is not such thing and I found as already posted, the aids amplify the noise to a bad level. Now that I have hearing in only one ear, I protect the heck out of it by NOT wearing the aids while riding and using plugs to protect what hearing I still have.

By the way, I ride behind a fairing and still the noise is high. Don't loose what you have, you will not like the results. St.

+1 I'm 100% in on ear plugs. I spent enough time listening to punk rock in clubs and in press rooms with operating offset presses to know that I've damaged my hearing to some degree.

Hearing aids are probably in my future, but having played with ear buds in my helmet 20 years ago, it seems like unless they attenuate road noise to the degree ear plugs do, they're likely just blasting over the ambient helmet noise.

I have a Sena in my Multitech and it's pretty terrific. I like music while I ride, but it's also nice when the GPS is telling me when my exit is coming up.

Back