• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from The Old Dominion

jetmechanic

Hello everyone!! Just getting around to this, but I'm a new member to the MOA! I have my first BMW whish is 2008 K1200GT... Just getting a few TLC items out of the way, and getting it back on the road after purchasing from a friend. Still purrs, and still performs well. I'm a somewhat new rider that got back into it after about 15 years! My next goal is to get onto a GS at some point in the near future.... Looking forward to seeing other members soon!

Welcome jetmechanic! Hope you are finding the GT to your liking. A pic or two of the new acquisition is always a nice addition to the thread

My buddy is a jet mechanic in Montreal. I think he's still working on Air Canada planes.
Awesome!! I've been working on aircraft for many years! The industry has been great to me... I still turn wrenches, but I'm a Director of an A&P school now, so I lead ad teach other students to fix aircraft.. It's a great industry to get into, and the $$ right to be made is just bonkers good!!

It makes for him to be an excellent moto mechanic too. I'm far too old to even contemplate any kind of career changes and I have a strong aversion to any kind of work that will keep me at full time year round. :ha

Good luck. The longest full time continuous job I've ever had was 8 1/2 months. In 1988! I've had one as long as 4 months in the last 18 years. :ha

Back