• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hellas ff50 on an RT

E

emperkin

Anyone mounted the Hellas ff50 lights on an RT? If so how did you do it?

Last edited:
I put a pair on a 97 RT.I made a set of brackets to mount them above the mirrors. I put them up there so I could move them while riding-it`s nice to shine one up the side of the road looking for Bambi when there isn`t much oncoming traffic.I LOVE them up there,and I`m going to put a set on all my street bikes.

What did you make the brackets out of? This seams like a really good idea to me.

I made them out of some scrap stainless I had.I made o mock-up of cardboard for hole locations and basic shape,then had at it with hacksaw & grinder. I used the top & front mirror mount screws.It moves the mirrors out about 1/16"and looks fine. Like I say,the biggest advantage is I can reach up there and move the lights to suit my situation.(my son will post the pics later tonite or tomorrow).I also use the Euroswitch wired off/low beam/low beam& Hellas.

I mounted mine on eMp Design brackets.

They look like this:

1174791452.jpg

And then the money shot.

1174952813.jpg

When you order them, tell Pat that Bud sent you. :wave

I love it. It looks awsomoe. that is exactly what I am looking for but......

I have a 1200 RT. I will email them and see if they have come up with one for the 1200.

Contacted EMP designs and they do not make a bracket for the 1200. nor did they have any good recomendations.

Hella mounts on RT w/ aluminum bracket

I am pretty sure the bracket is stainless metal I got from a scrap pile at a local shop. Not sure of the thickness though.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.bmp
    137.4 KB · Views: 322
blm's response....

eric
the proto type is is testing at this time. once it passes we should be offering them.
regards
billm

>
> Subject: R1200RT BMW
> Date of message: 29-Mar-07
> Sent at: 10:32 AM
>
> Message from Eric Perkins:
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> I am trying to find a way to mount aux lights up above the mirrors. I didn't find anything on your website for this model of BMW. Are there any plans for this?
>
> Thanks for your time

Back