• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS-911 noob seeks advice

AKsuited

Okay, I've got the software installed on my laptop for the wifi version of the GS-911. I hooked it up to the laptop the other night and updated the firmware.

I intend to use it to reset service reminders and flush the brake fluid.

Question: what else should I do with it? Do I need to get into adaptations? I guess there is one for synchronizing the throttle bodies? How do I do that?

Advice on getting started with the GS-911 is what I am looking for.

At this point I am planning on using it soon. I have not hooked it up to the bike yet (a 2015 R1200GS).

thanks,

Harry

Thanks, OM. I saved that link to my document that I keep on my bike's maintenance. That should be very helpful.

I had tried a search of the forum on "GS-911" and nothing showed up...

Harry

Use the “Tag Cloud” and you will see many threads that have been “tagged” for the members convenience.
OM

I intend to use it to reset service reminders and flush the brake fluid.

Question: what else should I do with it? Do I need to get into adaptations? I guess there is one for synchronizing the throttle bodies? How do I do that?

A few things I use mine for:
Service reminder
Brake flush
Check for codes
I do not check adapted values because I donn't understand what I'm looking at :)
You don't sync throttle bodies on a Wethead.

A few things I use mine for:
Service reminder
Brake flush
Check for codes
I do not check adapted values because I donn't understand what I'm looking at :)
You don't sync throttle bodies on a Wethead.

Okay, that sounds good. I don't want to mess around with things I don't need to. At some point I'll have a dealer do service on the bike, likely at the intervals where valves should be checked and possibly adjusted. I'll also check for codes since that seems easy enough to do.

The steppers zero themselves every time you turn on the ignition. Just wait for the instrument displays to settle before hitting the start button.

Back