• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Got lucky!

rmarkr

I started my F650GS and was busy putting on my helmet and gloves near the bike when I noticed this cloud of steam coming of the lower part of the exhaust header pipe.
Turns out it was gasoline!
The (1000 mile from new) fuel filter/pressure regulator had split a seam and was spraying fuel at high pressure all over the place.
I am thankful to have the bike and my skin in one piece.

Sorry to hear about the gasoline incident. Glad you got away without any serious burns to you or the bike.

Are you from South Africa? Noticed the Flag. Just thought it a bit of a coincidence that I was born in SA and also have a F650GS in the states now.

Happy Riding,
Tim

Back