• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gas mileage problem!

B

BAJATERRABAJA

Gas mileage problem! F650GS 2007

I ride F650GS 2007 and need to refill the gas tank every 152miles. +-42.5miles per gallon
*Miles driven as we speak is 12348

Already did:
-12000miles service thru BMW Dealership.
-Change gasoline filter.
-Air filter twice.
-Different gas station.

I ride with three other F650GS 2007 synchronized, with average speed 65MPH, with same tire, same gasoline and same everything.
1st Rider weight=150
2nd Rider weight=155
3rd Rider weight=170

The guy from BMW told me that they cant find a problem and there is no solution to my problem. (and still charge me $78 for their diagnostic, ouch!)

The bike has history of battery acid leakage but again BMW said there is no side effects.

Any similar experiences, story?

Please I do need some help. :cry

Norman

Last edited:
There are TONS of variances. Weight and speed are the 2 big ones. Acceleration rate and your physical size (wind resistance, see speed above)

My small light of wrist 120lb wife gets 72 on hers. I at 230lbs and much broader in width alone with higher speeds get 55. The fuel light comes on at 175-180 for me. That's 3.6 gallons used or so. Remember the light comes on with a gallon or so left.

I ride F650GS 2007 and need to refill the gas tank every 152miles. +-42.5miles per gallon
*Miles driven as we speak is 12348

Already did:
-12000miles service thru BMW Dealership.
-Change gasoline filter.
-Air filter twice.
-Different gas station.

I ride with three other F650GS 2007 synchronized, with average speed 65MPH, with same tire, same gasoline and same everything.
1st Rider weight=150
2nd Rider weight=155
3rd Rider weight=170

The guy from BMW told me that they cant find a problem and there is no solution to my problem. (and still charge me $78 for their diagnostic, ouch!)

The bike has history of battery acid leakage but again BMW said there is no side effects.

Any similar experiences, story?

Please I do need some help. :cry

Norman

Are you running 100% stock or have you done any modifications?

I get in the mid 50's to low 60's mpg. I cruise at faster highway speeds. 70-75 mph plus city driving. I have ran with stock sprockets as well as going non stock. I weigh about 120-125lbs...

I feel that the 40's mpg is way too low. I have gotten in the 30's mpg before running at a constant speed over 90 mph.

Back