• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin 665 where a Nav IV once was - connector?

greyfox

Howdy, I have a new-to-me 2012 R1200RT. It has a mount installed for a Nav IV but no GPS. I otherwise own a Garmin 660 and a 665 and they plug right in to the cradle. Work fine. The side buttons of course don't function.

I want to deploy the 665 with XM support (I have the receiver puck too.). That requires the cable bundle that comes with the 660/665 cradle as opposed to the current Nav IV mount. I have the cradle. Swapping out the cradle looks like a no brainer. It basically has a fused pigtail for power on the end of the cable. And I *could* unplug the only connector from the Nav IV mount (no audio), and tap into the two wires that powered the Nav IV cradle. But that seems ugly. This is a BMW :=)

Before I start digging on the wiring, does anyone know where I can get the proper connector for the gps side so I can plug into the already installed factory wiring? Part number?

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction.

Howdy, I have a new-to-me 2012 R1200RT. It has a mount installed for a Nav IV but no GPS. I otherwise own a Garmin 660 and a 665 and they plug right in to the cradle. Work fine. The side buttons of course don't function.

I want to deploy the 665 with XM support (I have the receiver puck too.). That requires the cable bundle that comes with the 660/665 cradle as opposed to the current Nav IV mount. I have the cradle. Swapping out the cradle looks like a no brainer. It basically has a fused pigtail for power on the end of the cable. And I *could* unplug the only connector from the Nav IV mount (no audio), and tap into the two wires that powered the Nav IV cradle. But that seems ugly. This is a BMW :=)

Before I start digging on the wiring, does anyone know where I can get the proper connector for the gps side so I can plug into the already installed factory wiring? Part number?

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction.

Part number #83300413585, available from any BMW dealer.

Back