• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Floppy Mirrors

rmarkr

Anyone got a fix for the mirrors on the 02 F650GS? Been through the duct tape, rubber strap scenario, but now they just wont stay in place. Perhaps there are some aftermarket units that work.
:blah

I replaced my mirrors with Bike Master mirrors. They cost $8 each and are waaaaaay better than the OEM POS mirrors. No vibration or movement. And they fit the holes... no drilling out and tapping. I'll grab the invoive when I am out in the garage tonight and post where I got them and the Tucker Rocky part number.

I fitted a cheap set of chrome ones, and they vibrate too much, so I put the originals back on.

Tried glueing the head in the correct position, but that failed too.

So, I just put up with them. (only one faulty)

The mirrors I use on my Dakar are made by BikeMaster, and are generic universal mirrors, but are much better than the OEM mirrors. They are universal so they do not come as a right and left side.

Once in a great while one of the mirror arms swing loose, usually after a drop or crash. I open up my Leatherman pliars and tighten them right up. Vibration.... none.

I ordered them from Iron Pony. 1-877-799-7669, or www.IRONPONY.COM.
I bought 2 mirrors from Iron Pony May 30. They were $8.99 each, so the total with shipping (no tax) was $26.93. Or, your local stealership could prolly order them by the TR part number. TR Part # 60-0020.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Chris,
I ordered these from Iron Pony. I'll let you know how they work. They were $26 ea.

bm600007.jpg

Back