• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F650GS single: what seat do I have? High? Low?

rdwalker

Hi, all,

I recently bought a 2001 F650GS single. The seller stated that the bike had a low seat (it felt low to me, too, but then I am used to the ample height of R12GS/RT).
I bought a "standard" seat on the ADV FleaMarket.

Well: both seats appear the same. Profile is quite close, both seats have a low spot at 33-1/4" above ground on centerstand and 31-1/4" above ground when on both wheels, unloaded.

Hmmm.... What seats do I have? Low? High? There are no distinguishing part numbers on them.

TIA for your help!

Robert.

P1020465_f650gs_seats.jpg

P1020466_f650gs_seats.jpg

P1020467_f650gs_seats.jpg

I think you have the "normal" GS seat which on a Dakar might be called a low seat. The Dakar "normal" seat is a high seat for a GS. I believe there is a lower seat for the GS. Three seats I think. Those are the same seat.
Best

Back