• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F650GS oil filter

R

RAYGUN

Are there aftermarket filters that you recommend for the 03 model F650GS?

And how can you tell if you have a 37kw or a 25kw version?

Not sure on the filter, I use genuine.

The throttle arm at the throttle body has 2 holes in it. If you are not getting full throttle( look at it with throttle wide open at the bars) it is in the low power slot.
I gather thats how it works.:blush

I am assuming you're asking about the reduced horsepower version sold in europe to meet their tiered licensing scheme. AFAIK if your bike is a US model, it is the higher output version. If you pull the plastic off and take a look at the throttle assembly you will see two potential places to hook up the "bottom" end of the throttle cable, one allows for full travel of the butterfly, the other doesn't...less air/fuel= less power.

At least that's my understanding of how it works, there may be some gimmickery in the black box too but since BMW keeps those bits secret I don't think anybody knows for sure.

I did just that yesterday and mine is in the outermost hole, making it the 37kw. On the spool that opens butterfly there are 2 holes one that opens it halfway on the inside and another that opens it full on the outside of the spool.

Thanks for all replies

Are there aftermarket filters that you recommend for the 03 model F650GS?

You do receive a lot of information from joining the Chain Gang along with specials. Yes, there are aftermarket filters for the F650GS. If you get the BMW filter kit, you get the o-rings and washers where aftermarket filters you do not.

Back