• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Engine guards for 2014 or later 1200RT

Bag Guards

I've been comparing the various options and expect to be ordering the Ilium Work Engine and Bag guards quite soon.

One major reason is that they do not appear to interfere with the regular maintenance of the engine.

Ski
I went to their website and can't find bag guards for the RT, they have them for the K bikes.

Wunderlich engine gaurd warning

I recently purchased a used 2014 R1200RT (9700 mi on the clock). during 12K service the BMW tech removed the right engine guard. The lower front mount flange on the engine guard was cracked through the hole for the mounting bolt (top to bottom), now in two pieces. There was a obvious rust mark at the start of the now cracked flange.

Compared to the other engine guards for this year make & model, IMO the Wunderlich option is a poorly engineered, overpriced POS.

Anyone else have this problem? Any repair made or posssible?

TIA

Back