• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Down to the wire and still no final decision

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
I had assumed that Tulliver, being the experienced and fully trained dog that he is, would be my Plan B - the tried and true sidecar pilot in case Glenlivet wasn't 100% reliable. The young dog is 80% there, but living in such a rural area there are many big city things he has never been exposed to. Sidewalks. Multiple lane roads. Traffic lights. Sit down restaurants. Huge crowds. Elevators. I'd decided last week that Plan B was in effect, but in this heat and humidity Tulliver refused to budge from in front of the fan for a ride to see if I got the packing and weight distribution right. Glenlivet, of course, immediately ran to the sidecar and jumped in, sitting up to have his eye protection fitted. And the ride went well. We were in high heat mode with awful humidity, so multiple water and swimming breaks limited our mileage, but he was at ease, laying down on occasion, and never hesitated remounting after a break.

I'll never force a dog to do anything he really doesn't want to do, and if Tulliver decides it's time to retire at 8.5 years I may very well find myself riding with Glenlivet, leaving early each morning and riding till the heat builds before finding another hotel with AC.

8.jpg

Seems like a major heat wave from the Midwest to the Northeast these last few days. Maybe it will drop a bit during rally week.

I hope it cools off for the rally goers.. It’s warmer in the Midwest than in S Florida....:nod

Last edited:
Iowa Weather

The extended forecast says 80s for Thur-Fri-Sat. We can hope!

One thing is for sure, the weather here can change fast. Yesterday's forecast was mid 90s, hit a high of 91 and today we'll be luck to hit 80.

Back