• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

diode board mounts?

C

cactuspat

on my 1983 100rt , one of the plastic mounts broke on where the diode board mounts. now what? I need help.

Get a set of the solid mounts, to protect from improper grounding that will cause the board to fail. Rick Jones Motorad Elitrik has them. Other suppiers also carry them.

While you're at it, get the additional grounding harness for the charging system. Since you have to remove the diode board for the solid mounts, might as well add the extra grounding.

diode board mounts

the problem I am having is removing the broken rubber things that are attached to the timing chain cover , so i can make hard connection. now.

diode board mounts

p.s. extra grounding harness is installed ,and two of the wires had burnt insulation. is caused by bad diode board,or bad grounds.

Might be agood time to add one of Rick's updated boards while your there and really solve the problem. Give Rick a call. He will lead U in the right direction on how U ought to proceed.

You can access the back side of the mounts to remove the broken parts once you remove the engine top cover and the starter.

diode board

thank you Paul ,I was hoping there was a way without removing the fairing,I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow. If all goes well A friend and I will be riding to the bend at the end of the month.we will be there a couple of weeks if the money holds out,it should we plan on doing half of the trip in the back country ,maybe we will cross paths. Thank you again Cactus Pat. p.s. please email if you know the latest conditions of the back roads in the Bend. pspanel@basicisp.net

thank you Paul ,I was hoping there was a way without removing the fairing,I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow. If all goes well A friend and I will be riding to the bend at the end of the month.we will be there a couple of weeks if the money holds out,it should we plan on doing half of the trip in the back country ,maybe we will cross paths. Thank you again Cactus Pat. p.s. please email if you know the latest conditions of the back roads in the Bend. pspanel@basicisp.net

You don't really need to remove the fairing. Just remove the top cover on the motor and the starter. I use a universal joint on my ratchet so I can get to the 10mm nut on the back of the cam chain cover. It's in an ugly spot.

diode board

thanks Dave; I got it . Now who"s diode board should I order? Motoelectrics omegas or eubmw"s or other ?

I forgot whose is whose, but I like and used the ones that are hex shaped, as they seemed like they would be easier to tighten.

diode board

diode board is in with solid mounts ,charging like a bull ,thanks everyone. Big Bend here I come.

diode board

update; when putting all back together found broken coil mount ,j-b wield?

Back