• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Delivery of Sweepstakes tickets?

sedanman

neanderssance man
When might we be seeing our tickets? May 11 is not far away and I for one do not have my ticket yet.

As far as I know you won't be getting tickets in the mail, something to do with State laws. You should get a receipt.

That's a little scary. Previous sweepstake entries with the MOA, I received the tickets with my numbers. Do we just wait to hear if we won based on a call from the MOA. I haven't received anything and I bought my ticket when it first became available.

Today I received this reply to my similar question from MOA.

"We have just started sending out the letters. You should receive a letter
in the next couple of days. If you don't have it by Friday let me know and
I will get your numbers.

Good luck!!

Thank you,

Tammy

Tammy Leuthauser
Operations Manager
BMW MOA"

I hope this helps everyone who awaits their numbers.
regards,
Mark

I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge a second time, but was hesitant because I had no proof that I ever bought the first one. Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I too was wondering when/if something would show up in the mail so thanks for the info! Guess they'll just let me know when and where to pick up the new bike :)

Yeah there is something in the Postal Regulations on sending lottery/prize tickets in the mail. Last year there was a packing slip like you had bought a product that the ticket number had to be manually written out on- sorta like a packing slip. If it's like that again it will probably take some time. It's a good crew at the office, they'll get through it. OM

When might we be seeing our tickets? May 11 is not far away and I for one do not have my ticket yet.

Good point.

In 16 days, each and every one of us who have purchased tickets need to be holding their personal number(s) in their hands.

:dance :dance

You will receive an actual number and we have every member recorded on a master list of ticket numbers. Postal regulations do prohibit mailing the actual ticket, although we can mail a receipt with the (winning) number! Go figure.

Those numbers from early orders started shipping last week. We definitely understand the significance of May 1 and will double and triple check that everything is correct and in the system before we go to the live drawing on May 11.

The general rule would be give us 14 days to process and mail your ticket numbers, although orders from the first two weeks of the Superstakes have taken slightly longer. If you place a last minute order prior to May 1 to get in on the early bird drawing, my advice would be give us until May 7 and if you have not seen a number, start calling so we can verify. We want everyone in the drawing and we want everyone to have a chance to win.

As of yesterday, we were looking at about 3,000 tickets and likely 3,500 of you will be in the early bird drawing. not bad odds for a new R1200GS Adventure! Good luck to everyone and thanks for playing along.

16 days from the date of order to the letter arriving at my house. I now have a 'number' that represents me in the drawing. And the same letter says I am registered for the MOA rally.

Nothing here yet and I ordered on the first or second day you could. Hopefully Its in the mailbox when I get home tonight! :thumb

I ordered the 1st week tickets went on sale & received my letter yesterday 4/26. It's a winning ticket too, I'm sure of it!

Back