• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dakar- 2016 here we go!

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Almost missed it- the 2016 Dakar rally.
I liked it better when it was Paris-Dakar for a number of reasons. I guess with so much of the world PO'd at each other, it's still a pretty good event.
Seems like the 1st stage was rained out, Just watched the second stage highlights on NBCsn- coverage was good for a half hour.
The route-

parcours-carte-v3.jpg

I really like the technology that goes into the off-road vehicles. Peugeot :scratch seems to be doing pretty well- didn't even realize they were still around :dunno
I would like to have one of those Kamaz or Mann trucks- go anywhere possibility.

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/route.html

Enjoy.
OM

Last edited:
When it was in Africa we never missed an update. We were in Kansas with snow.

Now, in Texas, we just seem to go out for a ride and forget to watch.

Missing it though.

Voni
sMiling

Did not realize it was Dakar time. Thanks for the heads up OM. Seems like there was no hype coming up to it this year.

My TV provider is showing it at various times throughout the day...it's at 4:30pm local...DVR set.

Dude! Thanks for the heads up, big time. I have the hardest time finding motorcycle centric programming on television.

Nice segment on the motorcycle riders...Very cool that Malcolm Smith's son is there- on a Husky :thumb
I think the oldest US rider said he was 45......Still no hope for me :gerg I still miss having a bike that will wheelie on command.
Interesting on the 2 wheel drive Peugeot's doing well. I used to do real well in VW beetles off-road back in the day. Somehow the 2WD's seemed to stay on top and go through.
I would like to be in the pits to check how the vehicles are prepped.
OM

Back