• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Corbin seat or BMW comfort seat?

Hey Norm, Just road 200 miles on the new comfort seat and am very pleased. I had the low seat before. Very nice upgrade for the pillion also.

JACK

Jack, I'm glad to hear that. I may order a Corbin one of these days. Wanna sell that low seat to me if you are no longer using it? I'm inseam challenged and could use all the help I can get in that regard.

Norm

Jack, I'm glad to hear that. I may order a Corbin one of these days. Wanna sell that low seat to me if you are no longer using it? I'm inseam challenged and could use all the help I can get in that regard.

Norm

Norm,

Once you make the change to a Mayer, Russel, BMW Comfort, Corbin, or ???, it would be nice if you could post an eval once you've put a few miles on the new addition...

On the boards I participate on, there are often queries like your's, but feedback after the change seems rare. Thanks...

Hope your weather today was as nice as ours!!!

Cheers, Bill J

Norm,

Once you make the change to a Mayer, Russel, BMW Comfort, Corbin, or ???, it would be nice if you could post an eval once you've put a few miles on the new addition...

On the boards I participate on, there are often queries like your's, but feedback after the change seems rare. Thanks...

Hope your weather today was as nice as ours!!!

Cheers, Bill J

I love my new BMW Comfort Seat on my twin GS. My factory new seat is now for sale. 520-360-0055

I wouldn't buy either of the seats you listed. The comfort seat really isn't, and I have made the Corbin mistake enough times that I have finally learned. Never again!

I did buy a Sargent for my 09 F650GS. And it I would buy again in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE
] I have the BMW comfort seat and am very happy with it. I doubt if you really have sat on a "factory BMW Comfort Seat". Don't get it confused with the "low seat". They are realitively new and are very very comfortable. I just installed one on my RT also and it too is very comfortable. Just returned from a 600 mile test.

It is $150 less than a Sargent with a small discount.

JACK

Corbin problems?

I wouldn't buy either of the seats you listed. The comfort seat really isn't, and I have made the Corbin mistake enough times that I have finally learned. Never again!

I did buy a Sargent for my 09 F650GS. And it I would buy again in a heartbeat.

I bought my '07 RT used. It has a custom Russell saddle (2 piece). It has decent support and is reasonably comfy...but the seam between the 2 pieces lands at exactly the wrong place on my butt/lower back, and I get a strip of numbness inside an hour.

I have a Corbin on my '96 Trophy - 100k on it and only a small rip. It took a bit of break-in, but has been a winner ever since. I'm curious about your "never again, Corbin" comment. I'm thinking seriously about the new Corbin low 1-piece saddle for my RT and I'd love to know about the issues you've had before I buy. Mayer sounds great but it's a little steep for me right now. Thanks!

Back