• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Columbia Gorge

bob_m

Over the weekend I took a day trip out into the Columbia Gorge. East on the north side, Hwy SR 14, and past Bingen I took "Old Highway" through some of the scab lands scoured by the Missoula flood. The back on SR 14 to US 197 to The Dalles. From there I took the Historic Columbia River Highway west (where possible) and back to town.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 120
A very favorite area to ride. Hopefully headed the way in May

ATGATT. Lee
" I never worry about getting lost.
I just change where I plan on going."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the weekend I took a day trip out into the Columbia Gorge. East on the north side, Hwy SR 14, and past Bingen I took "Old Highway" through some of the scab lands scoured by the Missoula flood. The back on SR 14 to US 197 to The Dalles. From there I took the Historic Columbia River Highway west (where possible) and back to town.

Back in 2001, my wife and I took the Columbia River Gorge By chance. We had been to BC
an on the way back, were told to stay on the Washington state side. Wind was bad, a gust blow us from our lane an into the on coming lane. (no on coming traffic, thank
god!). the next chance we crossed over to the OR side. Which put at the star of the old scenic Dr.. Best part of our 8000 mile trip.

River had wind suffers, white caps, and a few boaters. At the end of the day stayed at our first Holiday Inn. Each room received a news paper in the morning.

Head lines stated that winds were gusting to 70 +mph.

Great ride suggest all rider should ride this area. ROAD !!!!!

Back