• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Camping Checklist

skibumwi

I know I've seen lists on the forum before but cannot locate any of them. Going to a rally in the Dells this weekend and would love to see a list of what y'all take along for 1-up camping.

I'm sure someone has and excel spreadsheet with a checklist.

Thanks,
Ski

Rally Camping

Tent, Sleeping Bag, cot, air mattress, or pad, small led light, head lamp,and flashlight, stuff to charge the toys , including jump box or the like. Chair, two coolers one to carry food and beer one small one to carry drinks and munchies to use while sitting around in your chair. Two or three day rally not much is needed in way of clothes what your wearing plus 1 extra set. 3 days in cool weather no need to shave or shower take some wet wipes .
Important take a old fashioned church key, and a corkscrew, bmw people tend to drink beer and wine without pull tabs or caps that screw off so be prepared.

two coolers one to carry food and beer one small one to carry drinks and munchies to use while sitting around in your chair.

Don't even need the coolers. Remove a saddlebag, dump in ice, and Bob's yer uncle.
Has worked for me at many rallies....

Wide-brimmed rally hat like my Tilley: keeps the sun off and is a good rain hat. Can pack in saddlebag.

I track all this crap in an app on my phone when packing for a trip/rally:

Camping Stuff
━━━━
☐ Air mattress
☐ Bug repellent
☐ Camp chair
☐ Camp stove & fuel
☐ Camp table
☐ Candle lantern
☐ Cooler
☐ First aid kit
☐ Flashlight
☐ Flask & bourbon
☐ Headlamp
☐ Lighter
☐ Pillow
☐ Plastic mallet
☐ Sleeping bag
☐ Sunscreen
☐ Tent

Cooking Stuff
━━━━
☐ Aeropress Coffee Maker
☐ Can opener
☐ Coffee beans
☐ Coffee grinder
☐ Condiments (Tabasco, Soy sauce packets, Sweet-n-Low)
☐ Cooking pots & pans
☐ Dish soap
☐ Dish towel
☐ Freezer bags
☐ Knife, fork & spoon
☐ Plate
☐ Skillet
☐ Water bottles
☐ X-Mug / Measuring Cup
☐ Yeti Coldster

Information Items
━━━━
☐ Earphones
☐ GPS
☐ Insurance cards
☐ iPad
☐ iPhone
☐ iPod
☐ Membership cards
☐ Mophie Juicepack with iPhone/iPad, iPod, mini USB & micro USB cables
☐ Pen & paper
☐ Wallet

Personal Stuff
━━━━
☐ Dopp kit
☐ Glasses
☐ Medications
☐ Sunglasses
☐ Towel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I track all this crap in an app on my phone when packing for a trip/rally:

Camping Stuff
━━━━
☐ Air mattress
☐ Bug repellent
☐ Camp chair
☐ Camp stove & fuel
☐ Camp table
☐ Candle lantern
☐ Cooler
☐ First aid kit
☐ Flashlight
☐ Flask & bourbon
☐ Headlamp
☐ Lighter
☐ Pillow
☐ Plastic mallet
☐ Sleeping bag
☐ Sunscreen
☐ Tent

Cooking Stuff
━━━━
☐ Aeropress Coffee Maker
☐ Can opener
☐ Coffee beans
☐ Coffee grinder
☐ Condiments (Tabasco, Soy sauce packets, Sweet-n-Low)
☐ Cooking pots & pans
☐ Dish soap
☐ Dish towel
☐ Freezer bags
☐ Knife, fork & spoon
☐ Plate
☐ Skillet
☐ Water bottles
☐ X-Mug / Measuring Cup
☐ Yeti Coldster

Information Items
━━━━
☐ Earphones
☐ GPS
☐ Insurance cards
☐ iPad
☐ iPhone
☐ iPod
☐ Membership cards
☐ Mophie Juicepack with iPhone/iPad, iPod, mini USB & micro USB cables
☐ Pen & paper
☐ Wallet

Personal Stuff
━━━━
☐ Dopp kit
☐ Glasses
☐ Medications
☐ Sunglasses
☐ Towel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nice list!

For off-grid wilderness camping I also carry a Gerber ax to make firewood and use it to hammer the tent pegs in the ground if need be.
Unscented baby wipes for personal hygiene is also strongly recommended when a shower isn't handy, although a jump in an alpine lake/stream can be quite invigorating....:laugh

YMMV

Ahhh...now I understand. That makes sense.

What I do, is to carry with me on the bike as just part of my "tools", an almost used up roll of duct tape. I store other things inside the open area of the cardboard, so the space is used and not wasted.

Chris

Ahhh...now I understand. That makes sense.

What I do, is to carry with me on the bike as just part of my "tools", an almost used up roll of duct tape. I store other things inside the open area of the cardboard, so the space is used and not wasted.

Chris
i

I use a piece of dowling and have duct, electrical and painter's tape rolled around it and stored in the cowling of each bike. Think that might have been a touring tip from Paul Glaves.

Been doing that for years and it saved my bacon when I oilcanned one of my Zega cases on a trip. I use Gorilla tape as it is much stronger than that gray duct tape btw...

checklist

if you end up taking all that stuff on the list, make sure there is still room for YOU on the bike. :)

keep the list of what you brought with you. check off what you actually used. decide if you really need to bring it next time if you didn't use something.

Friedle

Back