• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Buying Used R100s in West Coast USA

williambrown

Hi Guys

I live in the east of Australia

I am looking to buy a used BMW Airhead - 1978 to 1987 R100 S ( or CS ) complete with S Fairing and clocks.

Such bikes are rarely available in Australia. Prices as high as US $6500 to US $7500 are being sort here for bikes in less than excellent condition

Where should I look for these bikes in the USA - websites etc

Open To Suggestions

R100S's are becoming precious in LA,more so in SF but they do turn up, I looked at one in Venice Ca. about a month ago but it had some cosmetic issues and my friend who was looking to buy didn't think it was worth the $3000 US he was asking. I thought it was a good deal but I already have a 90S and don't have any more room for a another bike.(I have 5, 2 on my patio) Point is they are still out there. I'll see if I can find the guys number. It was a 77 R100S,paint was bad and it had some other issues but the important stuff was there. It was a craigslist find. Best thing to do is check craigslist city by city, much better deals than E-bay and fewer a-holes.

I live in SoCal and found the '77 in my avatar in the Midwest. My advice to the OP would be to consider other locations as there may be a clean example outside the western states.

Particularly in Indiana. There was a time when Butler and Smith, (the sales arm in the US before corporate BMW assumed control) had a dealership in almost every small town in Indiana. There are still a great many Airheads waiting to be found there/here.

Back