• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Motorrad Days USA - October 6-8 @ Barber

Visian

look out!!!
As seen on Facebook… 100 Years of Make Life a Ride.

I hope they take my suggestion and do Saturday night drag races on pit road, Think Glemseck 101 :burnout

I also hope that we combine our own planned Motorradfest event with this new BMW NA event, it would make for a better show with more reach & exposure.

Ian

Ps -> on the way back to Heidelberg from Norway, I rode my Honda to the Berlin version of this event. It was sorta corporate-y, not exactly my speed.
IMG_1866.jpg

Last edited:
Must’ve lost your razor in customs, eh, Vis? :brow

I’m guessing you’ll stop by Barber’s Vintage Swap Meet & the 100th Motorradfest celebrations in Leeds, AL in October... :nod
https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/event-schedule/

I expect we’ll be camping out in the upper Lot D, with the NAVMC folks (and all the Intergalactic Conclave of Crusty Slugs).

Stop by and say HEY!
. :wave

Lot_D_Crusty-Slugs.jpeg

Meanwhile, keep the rubber side down!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

I’ll be there but my baby comes 2 weeks later so I’m going to plan on camping and not book a hotel that I can’t cancel because she goes into labor early.

Must’ve lost your razor in customs, eh, Vis? :brow

I’m guessing you’ll stop by Barber’s Vintage Swap Meet & the 100th Motorradfest celebrations in Leeds, AL in October... :nod
https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/event-schedule/

I expect we’ll be camping out in the upper Lot D, with the NAVMC folks (and all the Intergalactic Conclave of Crusty Slugs).

Stop by and say HEY!
. :wave

Perhaps a bit too much on the viking beard, eh? :ha fwiw, I did actually shave before going to the event (I did look a lot rougher after 5 weeks on the road).

It appears that the BMW event is at the Barber event... for years I've thought they should do that, and been supported by the MOA. The Ducati club puts on a hospitality area there, and of course, I always stopped in to hang out with the Alabeemers.

Alas, this event has gotten way too big for me... I could deal with it better when I could get press and photo passes...

Ian

i-jVGg2LV-X2.jpg

i-f3Q58HR-X2.jpg

i-BgXn287-X2.jpg

i-PLjcsbH-X2.jpg

i-27bVvXJ-X2.jpg

I'll be there.

I'm looking forward to Barber, as usual. I'll be volunteering with Doc Stickle, they have me on the shuttle team, so if you see the me I may be up front behind the wheel.

Maybe, if U asked nicely, the MOA would find U a Photographer’s Pass so U can get a few more splendid photos published in the ON... :dunno

A very nice selection of M/C pix, Vis. :thumb

Any extra room for a tent?

Would anyone happen to have extra space for a bike and a tent this year that was able to secure a camping spot? I'd love to attend this year, but was late on the jump when the event went on sale. Happy to split the cost with someone, or provide any food/beverages needed.

I wonder if this is really a big deal like it says on the BMW Motorrad site. I see hardly and mention of it here. I'll be there as i was already planning on going to the Vintage Fest anyway. I got the 20% discount code for tickets, guess i'll see if it works when i get there Friday.

I wonder if this is really a big deal like it says on the BMW Motorrad site. I see hardly and mention of it here. I'll be there as i was already planning on going to the Vintage Fest anyway. I got the 20% discount code for tickets, guess i'll see if it works when i get there Friday.

...and now that's it's history, it ("big deal") certainly wasn't.

Nice, but from the 100th standpoint... ho-hum.

Had a pretty good time at the festival.

Did not plan on going until tech at BMW of Grand Rapids showed me extensive list of activities from Barber. Thanks Nick.

Threw on a new tire and off I went.

Had the chance to listen to stories from Kevin Cameron, John Owens, David Aldana and Steve McLaughlin. David needs to write a book.

The vendor area was good but probably not as big as OA National. Got to sit on new 1300 GS. This could be an incredible financial mistake on my part. Will see.

BMW representation was very good.

Swap meet area was huge. Numerous vendors with bikes and parts I liked in the day. Somebody said there were over 500. Don't know how many acres, maybe 200?

Paddock was great. There are people racing creations you would never expect to be on the track.

Museum needs to be done slowly. Something like 900 bikes.

The festival is one of the few gatherings that gives me a fix close to the old show circuit that got killed off by the Covid virus.

My added benefit is that US 127 starts four miles from our house, Northern Michigan, ends on Signal Mountain just north east of Birmingham. Something for everyone.

One of the attendees said they have an Indy car event (maybe in April) that he said needs to be tried at least once.

I will be back next year.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

One of the attendees said they have an Indy car event (maybe in April) that he said needs to be tried at least once.

I will be back next year.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

Glad U took your Tech’s advice and visited Leeds AL, Wayne! Don’t know what 2024 will be like, but it does change some from year to year. There were 7 M/C vendor test fleets (below our camping spot in Lot D: BMW, CFMoto, Ducati, Indian, KTM, Royal Enfield, & Yamaha). Last year they only had BMW with just R-18s, Indian, & KTM. It would help everyone if more M/Cs were sold to Younger & Newer Riders.

View of the Fleet of 18-wheelers.
All-Test-Fleets.jpeg

Teach McNeil’s fleet of demonstration BMWs: 310, Bagger, and S1000RR.
Teach-BMWs.jpeg

View of the Noon unveiling of the R1300GS in North ‘Merica on 6Oct23.
R13GS-unveiling.jpeg

A Twin Turbo R-18 “TT” on display on Friday! Cooler than that Rainbow art project.
R18-Turbo.jpeg

View of Reg Pridmore’s R90S; I was down there at the ’76 Daytona 200 on my ’75 R90S... :thumb
Reg-R90S.jpeg

View of some other “classic BMWs” after a modest rain shower on Fri.
BMWs-on-display.jpeg

A 193? BMW Vintage Cannonball racer on display. Another form of extreme competition...
Cannonballer.jpeg

A beautiful vintage Airhead hack I admired in the big swap meet.
Vintage-Hack.jpeg

Another splendid example of a 1924 Henderson parked near our campsite.
Henderson-1924-four.jpeg

A pretty cool Honda Mini-Trail 'sport bike' we saw near us {maybe a 350 or 500cc motor}.
Mini-Trail-4-cyl.jpeg

A view of the 1000cc sidecars on the track awaiting the launch (maybe 12 sidecars actually raced).
vintage-hacks-Sat.jpeg

We will likely be there again in 2024 with our FB:NAVMC buddies; It really is a spectacle not to be missed!

https://www.barbermuseum.org/monthly-events/

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back