• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Helmet ?'s

PattiB

Patti B
Does anybody know if I can remove the liner from my BMW helmet? It is a older one but I like it...Also, how do I remove the visor?

Thanks!

:scratch

Attachments

• BMW Cases 002.jpg
    BMW Cases 002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 484
You are not going to get much in the way of feedback since that helmet was never available here.

I would assume it is a Schberth or Uvex, I would check with them/ their websites

Best of luck.

I am pretty sure it is a BMW System 4 in what looks like fantastic shape (for an 8 to 10-year old helmet.) I am betting you could either talk a Canadian or UK dealer to ship parts, or look on UK/De eBay.

As for visor removel, here is a post on BLW-LT that shows how.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info...I'm trying to get it off now...hmmm open it and pull back it said....:confused:

BMW System 4

So was the BMW System 4 ever available in the US? I just wonder because this guy had 3 of them.

I also got a Schuberth from him and it fits me like a glove but I understand that Schuberth does not distribute in USA anymore. I was hoping to get a new shield for it....

:scratch

Technically no, it was not. When the System IV first came out a bunch of guys on the IBMWR list figured out that two retailers (who will go unmentioned), one in Germany and one in the UK, would ship to the US and many were ordered before BMW figured it out and shut it down. You could still buy them in Canada after the shut-down and more than a few were bought there on trips and at least one upstate New York guy took orders for regular trips to the dealer on Montreal.

As for screen removal - it has been a while but I remember having to close the chinbar, open the screen all the way and pull out (I think there are some small arrows on the screen to show the direction to pull.)

I would never use a "used" helmet. Your head is worth knowing what the helmet's been through. A new paint job is easy, a new brain, not so much.

Just my 2 cents.

Check out Schuberth at the rally. They are one of the vendors as they are planning to start selling in the US.

Holly

Back