• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW dealerships, done right

Las Vegas BMW

An unfortunate long story short - I hit a tire tread 'gator that a truck threw at me and lost coolant and oil and then toasted the engine. '12 K1600 GT is a total loss and no other damage than motor.

LV BMW rescued me from the 100 deg desert 38mi N of LV; nice MB a/c van with easy loading and a good driver, Chad. It was late Fri afternoon and when we arrived at the dealership there was a lift and the top service tech awaiting me! 15min later I was told I might be back on the road shortly as the 'gator had pulled a coolant hose off; 15 more minutes and I was informed all the oil was gone and the engine was fried.

Robert "Miller", service manager jumped in and found me a hotel room on a busy night; drove me to the hotel; secured some personal items; and took care of things for the next 2wks as insurance figured out what they were going to do.

"Miller" is tops - very helpful, knowledgeable and he was not going to leave me stranded. He even offered me a ride the next day if I needed it.

For me, I may buy a bike once in a while, but I certainly need service, maintenance, farkles added et al and it is the service dept that is the hub of the dealer. It is nice to be recognized by the other staff - sales, parts, accessory staff, but since I don't utilize them much I don't hold them too accountable.

Another excellent dealer is Irv Seaver of Anaheim, CA - and Jeff Ottinger, Service Manager, is also tops.

I'll throw in that Bentonville BMW is one of the good ones. I started with a dealer that some liked but after repeated service screw ups and the sales dude being stupid, I started to go to Arkansas for service. A few years later, I bought my first bike from them. Five bikes later, they are still my preferred dealer. I used to do simple oil changes and valve adjustments myself but now I just call them and drop off the bike. I've never been turned down for a loaner whether for a couple of hours or a couple of weeks.

The dealership reminds me of the shops I grew up with in the '70's. Couple of guys are the owners and they both do a great job with their responsibilities. A major plus is the area they are located in. Some of the best riding in the country. The BBQ isn't as good as Kansas City but is passible.

Ozzie's and Alamo and Sandia

Just got back from a a 2-1/2 week bike ride to the West Coast and back, going through Texas and New Mexico. Riding companion picked up something on the FM 336 in Texas that sliced his rear tire. Had the bike picked up and taken to Alamo BMW in Berne, TX (Just West of San Antonio) They got right on it and replace the tires; we were on our way by noon. Stopped in Albuquerque at Sandia BMW. I had to get a new helmet; my Schuberth C3Pro was an instrument of torture for me. My riding companion asked someone about his ABS lights periodically coming on. They checked his front pads and found them about worn to the metal. They jumped on his bike and put on new pads. They also shipped the Schuberth home for me. Ozzies's just went over both bikes giving them major service in the course of a day, mine new tires as well. Just a great shop. Just thought I would share these good experiences at BMW dealers.

Larry

Riding companion picked up something on the FM 336 in Texas that sliced his rear tire. Had the bike picked up and taken to Alamo BMW in Berne, TX (Just West of San Antonio) They got right on it and replace the tires; we were on our way by noon . . . My riding companion asked someone about his ABS lights periodically coming on. They checked his front pads and found them about worn to the metal.

Same bike? If so should have been caught during the tire change IMHO.

I'll throw in that Bentonville BMW is one of the good ones. I started with a dealer that some liked but after repeated service screw ups and the sales dude being stupid, I started to go to Arkansas for service. A few years later, I bought my first bike from them. Five bikes later, they are still my preferred dealer. I used to do simple oil changes and valve adjustments myself but now I just call them and drop off the bike. I've never been turned down for a loaner whether for a couple of hours or a couple of weeks.

The dealership reminds me of the shops I grew up with in the '70's. Couple of guys are the owners and they both do a great job with their responsibilities. A major plus is the area they are located in. Some of the best riding in the country. The BBQ isn't as good as Kansas City but is passible.
\
+1 on Bentonville. I did not buy my bike from them, I have only bought service and parts. They know my name, treat me fairly, have always done good work. They have obscure parts for my RS like centerstand bumpers, turn signal lenses and even the little cap that goes on top of the fork legs and the BMW emblem that blew off IN STOCK!!!!. Even loaned me tools when I had a brake fluid leak that was MY fault. If I buy new, it will be from them. Of course I am frugal, and they know it. Still treat me nice. They are small shop, so you will get individual attention! There IS much better than than KC BBQ close:stick, you just have to know which little hole in the wall to use. (Yes, II am sure that I would not know good BBQ if it bit me in the posterior) NOTE Both Bella Vista and Greenland in the area are notorious speed traps with speed changes for no reason. DO NOT SPEED in those towns.

Rod

I have to add Max BMW in North Hamden, NH. I couldn't be happier with John in sales, Wood in service, Rose in parts along with the rest of the team. The overall operation and the numerous dealer sponsored events are something I've never seen before. I would assume their 3 other locations are the same as I know they are involved in the sponsored events also. I consider myself fortunate, although it would be nice if they were closer to my home even though they do pick up my bike for service even in snow storms!

Plus 1 for me. Bought my new 2015 RT from Jon and he's a great guy. I would recommend this dealer with any issues you have.

Ashley
'95 R1100 RSL
'02 R1150 RT
'15 R1200 RT

Seems like many of these "awards" are going to dealers doing what they should be in business to do. Must be a lot who don't. We got a list on those to avoid...perhaps only because they aren't on the doing it right list? I can think of one, but it is already out of business.

Seems like many of these "awards" are going to dealers doing what they should be in business to do. Must be a lot who don't. We got a list on those to avoid...perhaps only because they aren't on the doing it right list? I can think of one, but it is already out of business.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Far more are brought to the forum to lodge a complaint or dissatisfaction than praise of service. I also think if a trip to the dealer goes well, the feeling is "that is what they were supposed to do", "why should I sing the praises of someone who did what they were supposed to do?".
A big :thumb :thumb for those who have taken the time to praise a dealership for good service- even if they just did what was expected.
OM

There might be such a list. I have not seen it. My problem with it is that every dealer I know has at least one person who is pi$$ed at them for some reason - reasonable or not. And many times it arises from one screw-up, misunderstanding, or personal dislike. Those are valid reasons for a person to choose another dealer but usually paint a dealership with too broad a brush.

I had a very bad experience with one dealership while on the road. I needed a tire and encountered a totally indifferent kid behind the parts counter who couldn't be bothered to even order one for me. I rode away in disgust to another dealership a couple hundred miles away. By happenstance I needed a tire again a year later (our travel patterns sometimes mimic themselves) and went into this same dealership. I was met at the door, led to the new-tire rack, and with tire in hand the manager took me over to service and arranged for a quick mounting. I could tell the service manager was backed up so told him late in the afternoon would work fine - we were camping nearby.

My point is that based on the first experience I could say horrible things about this dealership which based on the snot-nosed parts kid that got fired (I asked) were true but not representative. And I am sure somebody somewhere has a pet peeve or story about every BMW dealership in the U.S.

Morton's is a good shop. I rode from orange county NY to Morton's on a coooold November day to buy my current RT from them and never regretted a single mile of it. Good people there.

What swayed me was the open, honest no pressure sale, going out of their way to accommodate me and my time schedule, kind people who, even when they make a mistake admit it and make it right.

The lack of attitude and a humbleness toward customers and respect in general is what makes them great.

You should have heard what we said about you later ;-)

Morton's is a great shop, miss working with that crew sometimes... it's one of two dealerships I use as models for where I want to take Charlotte, and we'll get there!

Ha ha it wouldn't surprise me one bit! Still feel like I left money on the table!!! 12k this week on my RT and never a regret over that cold ride down and back to get it.

You should have heard what we said about you later ;-)

Morton's is a great shop, miss working with that crew sometimes... it's one of two dealerships I use as models for where I want to take Charlotte, and we'll get there!

You made out just fine, brother... and WAY better than most! I just went over 17K, but I'm putting a lot of miles on demos... XR, RS, GSA, and right now the R12R. It's hard work, but someone has to do the product research ;)

Something tells me you would really like the XR...

Did you make it down for Spring Fling?

You made out just fine, brother... and WAY better than most! I just went over 17K, but I'm putting a lot of miles on demos... XR, RS, GSA, and right now the R12R. It's hard work, but someone has to do the product research ;)

Something tells me you would really like the XR...

Did you make it down for Spring Fling?
I didn't regretfully. I may be down your way in a couple of weeks, if so I will let you know.

Gone dealers

I just wanted to say that some really great dealers closed when the last recession hit. Here in Wilmington, NC, we had a DEPRESSION. We lost our terrific dealer to a horrible economy. Construction is finally beginning to come back, but good jobs are still rare here.

Please do, would be great to see you, and maybe even get out for a roll if you have time.

For a number of reasons I find it both refreshing and rather brave that someone associated with a dealership is a Member of the forum :thumb
OM

For a number of reasons I find it both refreshing and rather brave that someone associated with a dealership is a Member of the forum :thumb
OM

I appreciate that, thank you!

In browsing the forum I have found quite a bit of less than perfectly complete information has been conveyed to many of you who have visited other dealerships - especially regarding newer products. I hope to find time to address some of those things and be a good resource for this community.

I'm not really a "BMW Guy", or a "Typical Sales Guy" in many respects. I love motorcycles, and have worked in different segments of the industry that have allowed me the gratification of helping others elevate their experience of riding. I came to this segment without any sales experience and have enjoyed great success just being me... win/win. As a veteran rider and safety professional, BMW is the only motorcycle line I'm interested in representing, and my intent is to do that well. Please let me know if you ever need anything, I'll be happy to help where I can.

Ride safe :)

I never had customer relationship with Ride West BMW, but I did partner with them professionally on a number of occasions and Dave Swezey is a top shelf lad... I have no doubt at all that they do it right there.

Back