• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beer Tent

Hey Roadie! Welcome to the forum. Hope this won't be your only post! I agree that Dave, Rob and the others have done a great job with the forum. It's part of the BMWMOA website update we've been talking about. Enjoy.

K75LT: Good philosophy.:drink

Hawk Hawthorne
VP BMWMOA

Re: beer thoughts

K75LT said:
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented. The professor smiled and said, "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."
:beer

:beer :beer :beer

:thumb

Bier Tent

Not to be negative, or picky... but I look forward to some little things at the Rally ... In Trenton, I headed for the beer tent on Thursday afternoon and inquired about a rally mug. All out. On Thursday!
Any chance there might be a few more for this year to make it to at least Thursday night?

But the liquid available was just as tasty in disposable containers .:cool:

Re: Bier Tent

motogs-dm said:
inquired about a rally mug. Any chance there might be a few more for this year?
The MOA Country Store orders 600 rally mugs every year. We charge a buck per unfilled mug. The MOA has almost a buck invested in the mug. We come out ahead of the game by having the rallist reuse the mug and not use plastic cups for tap beer. We will not have belt clips for the cups, because it would put the price of the cup over a buck, so bring your own belt clip. One National Rally we charged 2 buck for the cup/clip item and we did not sell out of the 600 cups. The left over cups had to be shipped back to MOA headquarters, then stored and reshipped to their final destination. We do not want to ship, handle and store past year rally mugs. The first rally day the Country Store helps the Beer Garden sell a limited amount of rally cups, after which the BG sells the remainder of the cups. Your Beer Garden Team http://www.dcarnevale.com/beergarden/

Mugs

In other words, the Rally Beer mugs are real limited edition collector items.

Buy one at the Almost Heaven Rally for a buck right away .....or be prepared to spend untold thousands of dollars for one on Ebay after the Rally. :wow

Beer tent

Whoa - 600 mugs! Wow! That many! And how many folks at the rally...hmmmm - see to remember in the multiple thousands.

Seems to me, that is missing an opportunity. But who am I. Just another rally person that didn't get in on the first 600 mugs out of 5000 attendees and could care less about e-bay and the hype.

And I thought.... ah... maybe I'll skip the tent and go into town. :stick

Re: Beer tent

motogs-dm said:
Seems to me, that is missing an opportunity. But who am I. Just another rally person that didn't get in on the first 600 mugs out of 5000 attendees and could care less about e-bay and the hype.

You could always volunteer to be in charge of the mugs.

:stick :evil

Re: Beer tent

motogs-dm said:
Whoa - 600 mugs! Wow! That many! And how many folks at the rally...hmmmm - see to remember in the multiple thousands.

And I thought.... ah... maybe I'll skip the tent and go into town. :stick

The point is not the number of mugs for sale, but rather the fact that we don't want any left overs staring at us from the "overstock" shelf of the country store at the "home office" in St Louis.

Many rally attendees have their own plastic rally mugs from previous local and National rallies they have attended. I think I have plastic mug service for about 64 in my basement. Perfect for the kid's birthday parties, plus a couple in every bike saddlebag or tankbag I own.:p

No, we expect you to stand up till you fall down! :p

Of course there will be tables and chairs in the Beer Tent, but you can bring your own if you please.

Re: Re: Re: Beer tent

Hacksaw said:
Will there be chairs at the Beer tent, or should you bring your own?:beer
The beer tent will be the same size (120' by 60') as last years beer tent was in Trenton. Check out the pictures from the previous National Rally Beer Gardens and you can gauge for yourself how many tables & chairs we have. (http://www.dcarnevale.com/beergarden/ ). The tent will house the beer serving area, the stage for the band, a dance area, table/chairs & standing/ moving room. At times on the busy nights, you may have to look for a chair, but that should not be a major problem. Some rallist do bring their own chairs if they plan to watch the band.

Last edited:
Can we have this beer in order?

bavbeer.jpg

:D

Now is probably as good a time as any to remind folks that system cases make excellent party dispensers.

8902-O.jpg

KBasa, You have very good taste there. Elijah is most excellent. And at 18 years of suckin' wood and waitin', I bet that boi-bon just jumps to your taste buds!!! :clap

Gar

gararnett said:
KBasa, You have very good taste there. Elijah is most excellent. And at 18 years of suckin' wood and waitin', I bet that boi-bon just jumps to your taste buds!!! :clap

Gar

It is a fine, fine sipping whiskey. I like it neat, no ice, no branch water.

I've had that bottle for almost two years and break it out once in a while for a little taste.

I'm looking forward to hitting the Bourbon Trail on the way home to California. Thanks for providing that link way back when!

Back