• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Beer Garden questions for Rally 2023?

bobs98

Hey Chromehead !
I have read the threads and searched the Forum and found nothing.

1. Will there be a Bier Garten/Beer Garden at the Rally this year?
(I have only seen info about Brewfest and a Brewery Tour.)

2. If yes, will it be staffed by MOA Volunteers?
(I found nothing in the Volunteer Sign up location.)

3. If no, why not?
(I was looking forward to serving you again this year.)

4. What is the policy regarding beer sales at the venue?

Thanks

I have read the threads and searched the Forum and found nothing.

1. Will there be a Bier Garten/Beer Garden at the Rally this year?
(I have only seen info about Brewfest and a Brewery Tour.)

2. If yes, will it be staffed by MOA Volunteers?
(I found nothing in the Volunteer Sign up location.)

3. If no, why not?
(I was looking forward to serving you again this year.)

4. What is the policy regarding beer sales at the venue?

Thanks

There will be a beer garden. It will be central to everything at the rally site and just adjacent to the outdoor exhibitors.

The venue controls all the beer/liquor sales at this location and will operate the beer garden.

Ted

There will be a beer garden. It will be central to everything at the rally site and just adjacent to the outdoor exhibitors.

The venue controls all the beer/liquor sales at this location and will operate the beer garden.

Ted

Ted, or anybody who can speak with authority about this, please correct me if I've got this wrong, but this is the new way going forward forevermore, and for exactly that reason, right?

And I'm not complaining about that. I think it worked pretty well at Springfield, but of course time will tell since leaving it in the facilities' hands means different people running it from year to year. I'm keeping an open mind, and the up-side is it's one fewer thing for our volunteers to have to worry about.

I do remember though how much fun it was to volunteer in the biergarten. When I was on the board we would do the pouring on Friday night and that was a hoot- one time I spilled beer on Ted Simon! I was mortified at the time but years later he told me he's OK with it if I got a good story out of it! :lol:beer

Ted, or anybody who can speak with authority about this, please correct me if I've got this wrong, but this is the new way going forward forevermore, and for exactly that reason, right?

And I'm not complaining about that. I think it worked pretty well at Springfield, but of course time will tell since leaving it in the facilities' hands means different people running it from year to year. I'm keeping an open mind, and the up-side is it's one fewer thing for our volunteers to have to worry about.

I do remember though how much fun it was to volunteer in the biergarten. When I was on the board we would do the pouring on Friday night and that was a hoot- one time I spilled beer on Ted Simon! I was mortified at the time but years later he told me he's OK with it if I got a good story out of it! :lol:beer

I thought keeping the beer under moa control was a big source of revenue for moa. I was told other rally locations weren't considered because of this.

Great News!

There's a Drive Around Beer Cart operating this year during the afternoons. (as listed, with operating hours in the Events Listings of the Rally Page)

I don't believe this "cart" is the type you grab a seat at, as it moves throughout the rally site for various stops.

So, what is the proper distance to park the bike behind it... for another cold one?

My experience going to a rally where the locals control things, is that it's very expensive. At the RA a few years ago (at Biltmore House), the beer was $7-$9. I've always enjoyed the great MOA prices.

I don't think anything easily compares to the Biltmore.

I recall venue served beer at BMW MOA rallies at very reasonable prices in the $2 or $3 range.

I don't recall high prices at Springfield.

Back