• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Back to BMW

dduplin

Dave from Massachusetts. Went from a 2000 K1200RS to a new 2011 C-14 Concours in December of 2012. Did 10,000 on the Concours, sold it and bought a new 2013 R1200RT this November, can't wait for spring.

Not to rain on your parade, because I'm not.
Have not ridden a Concours but have heard it's a fine road bike, seen them ridden for distance by many riders including Iron Butts and that trip a couple years ago from Alaska to Key West.
What are the pro's and cons?
What made you hop to an RT after only 10K?
WB

Welcome, glad to have you here. :clap

Of course, without a pic it didn't happen. :D

We wanna see that new bike.

You are the second person this week that said they went from a Connie to a Beemer. Congrats. Nice ride. :bikes

There is a couple of reasons:

The Concours C-14 was a really nice ride - my wife and I ride 2 up 80% of the time, she did not like the seating. Everybody I rode with wants to push the C-14 to it's performance envelope which is not my style - respect the bike. The likes - It is a great touring machine, with low maintenance.

The reason I sold it - I hated the dealership after I bought the bike, I did not feel everything that was promised to me as being there for you as a shop was even remotely close. Sometimes you just gotta do what's right.C141.jpg

David

Last edited:
...The reason I sold it - I hated the dealership after I bought the bike...

More proof, if it's even needed, that it's not just the manufacturer that contributes to a buying decision, it's also the service after the sale. Most of us are likely to spend more time with service personnel after the sale than with sales personnel at the time of the sale. I'm fortunate that the dealer I go to, BMW MCSEMI, is superb in both areas, and that keeps me on BMW's.

On A happy note I am glad to be back with BMW and the MOA. I attached a pic from the Iphone, not very good. Added the heated comfort seat and waiting on the color matched top case. Still at the shop waiting for spring.RT.jpg

Back