• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Are you going to Hamburg ? Where are you coming from ?

From grand rapids, mi, the long way

Coming from Grand Rapids, MI, hopefully after a circle around Lake Superior and then down through Canada. Leaving Sunday the 11th, if anyone is interested in joining up along the way.

Code:
Anyone from the Hudson Valley rollin on the 14th?

I'm leaving from Long Island on the 14th, with a planned 8 hour, 450 +/- mile ride. I'll be taking the Taconic Pkwy up towards Bear Mountain, then heading towards Port Jervis, and jumping on 97 through Hawk's Nest for some twistelicious scenic riding to the end and hanging a left at Hancock, then slabbing on 17, etc until I get to Buffalo. If you're interested in meeting up somewhere either on the Taconic or near Bear Mountain, or maybe at the Port Jervis Diner for a "spirited ride" and some company, drop me a PM and we'll discuss the details. Just gotta keep up...long way to go...
Larry

Well, a slight change in mode of travel for us but still coming from Larry's River, Nova Scotia. 1,200 miles. However, a pesky rear brake on K1100LT keeps applying itself :banghead so I gave up tinkering with the beast and switched vehicles. Switched to Mary's Mustang. Sad eh? Still coming by way of Harrisonburg, VA and arriving early to volunteer.... and looking forward to it. - Bob

Coming from Grand Rapids, MI, hopefully after a circle around Lake Superior and then down through Canada. Leaving Sunday the 11th, if anyone is interested in joining up along the way.

John might have an interest in joining you on the return trip.

Headed out from Huntsville Alabama on July 8th...maybe the 7th. Headed to the GS Giants B2B then the rally.

Mike

Last edited:
Suggestions for Mid Point from DC to Rally

Any thoughts about a good resting place from DC to the Rally....leaving on the 12 or 13th.

Was thinking of either taking Rt 15 or 70.

On Friday after I work I will be coming from Huntsburg, OH (East of Cleveland) so it is just a one tank trip of 160 miles going there directly on I-90 briefly and mostly Rte 5 along the lake. ("Lake route")

On the way back I plan on taking the "Alleghany route" back; Rt 219, 6, 666, 62, & 322 which is a much more fun 251 smiles.

Can't wait...

Joe Natividad 150093

Left SC for W coast in April, now making my way back E. Leaving Davison, WI, across Canada to Hamburg:wave

and if you are camping out there are a couple of Corps of Engineers campgrounds at Tioga-Hammond and Cowanesque Lakes in that same area.

You could also try one of the PA Grand Canyon parks (US 6), then take PA 449 into Wellsville, NY state.

Heading up on Wednesday afternoon from the Greater Metropolitan Etters Area (GMEA) of Central PA. Taking Route 15 north then Route 44 from Allenwood to Shinglehouse. Once in NY, it's more or less a beeline to Hamburg.

On Friday after I work I will be coming from Huntsburg, OH (East of Cleveland) so it is just a one tank trip of 160 miles going there directly on I-90 briefly and mostly Rte 5 along the lake. ("Lake route")

On the way back I plan on taking the "Alleghany route" back; Rt 219, 6, 666, 62, & 322 which is a much more fun 251 smiles.

Can't wait...

Ah... Route 666. The Highway to Hell.
IMG_0066-M.jpg

Back