• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Are you from Cuba?

tonyt607

If you are experiencing difficulties getting a place to stay, send me a pm.

I have a client who manages the Radison in Wauwatosa, WI (20 minutes South from the rally site) . Wauwatosa is a Western Burb of Milwaukee, Hy 41 cuts through it.

If you are experiencing difficulties getting a place to stay, send me a pm.

I have a client who manages the Radison in Wauwatosa, WI (20 minutes South from the rally site) . Wauwatosa is a Western Burb of Milwaukee, Hy 41 cuts through it.

ultracyclist, I think I'm ok for now - Herb (sjbmw) found a place in Grafton - I just booked myself a room there:

Baymont Inn & Suites Milwaukee/Grafton
1415 Port Washington Road
Grafton, WI 53024

Sound like it's close enough.

Thanks for the offer !

tonyt607

It looks like you are about 15 -20 minutes from the rally. and about 40 from Cubanitas.

If I am not mistaken, that BAymont is very near I-43. You will be staying very close to a Duc dealer.

Kalashnikov was a burgler...

Like all Russian inventions, Mikhail Kalashnikov's AK-47 was initially ripped off from someone else's basic design, in this case the Germans' Gewher-44. Kind of like the Ural started out as 5 1935 BMW side hack rigs shipped in through Sweden and then reverse-engineered. So in Russian, "Simple" may be a synonym for "Stolen"!

dkaag

The Sturmgewwer 44 is the father of all assault rifles as it was the first practical one.

The similarity of these weapons is the shorter cartridge.

The AK is a simpler design using a shorter cartridge, and bigger tolerances in the weapon. The 44 is an unbelievably complicated weapon for its day, and designed with typical German tolerances and precision.

The 44 was designed for use by an "educated" German army. The AK was designed for people who had never been in a school let alone an indoor toilet.
Would you make the same charges against Stoner or Uzi?

But we are off subject. Are you joining us at Cubanitas on Wednesday night?

This is,after all, a BMW motorcycle thread. :D

There are better websites to discuss and debate the history of assault weapons.
If you wish to discuss this further , then please PM me, as I want to keep this as a Cubanitas Thread.

Cubanitas, wed night, 7/11, 7:45pm

I will be posting directions to Cubanitas in a day or two.

Does everyone have their hotels/housing down so I can do this in one fell swoop?

I know that most of you are riding from the Rally site. A few of you are staying in downtown hotels within close walking distance. Some you are riding in from a southern or southwestern approach.

We will be avoiding the Marquette (downtown) Interchange because of construction.

Some of the Ambassadors will be joining us later due to the Ambassadors Dinner that evening. I also understand that the head rally bartender will be joining us later :)

Back