• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Are you from Cuba?

ultracyclist

I know this looks like a very strange post.

My wife is from Cuba as she and her family came to the US in 1961.
As a non-rider, she is somewhat luke warm on attending the rally.

Perhaps if I could find some people with a Cuban commonality, her visit would be more fun; and if nothing else, we could make new friends and have a beverage or two.

?Se habla Espaniol

I'm not Cuban

but I really like cigars! :brad

Sorry, don't mean to be cliche'. If she likes people she'll be just fine. This will be my second rally, first on a Beemer and I don't know anyone. I talked my wife into going with me...yet another first. The only thing I'm worried about is her getting a sore butt from riding.

Sanders

Sanders

Buy your wife a tube of Butt Butter and can of Anti-Monkey Butt Powder.

Have fun putting the stuff on her, but do not smoke either of them.:D

are you from...

For those of us with non - riding partners, I don't think a few days, or weeks, apart each year while we pursue our own interests, is going to hurt our relationships. It may enhance them.

Rinty

You can always Bail...

If she's having a poor time of it. I see that you are from the area nearby so it wouldn't be any difficulty.

not evryone who rides BMW is anglo/white, over/under 40; I think you'll be surprised

Perhaps if I could find some people with a Cuban commonality, her visit would be more fun; and if nothing else, we could make new friends and have a beverage or two.

?Se habla Espaniol

While not ethnically Cubano, I did live there (in Oriente province) for some time in the mid-1950s. Cuba mi encanta.

Doc

?Se habla Espaniol

?Se habla Espaniol

Not to hijack the thread but, we have a new Cuban restaurant that just opened. How would you describe Cuban cusine? Spicy? Hot?

2bikemike

Cuban food tends to be sweeter than what you are used to.

Hot and spicy is more Mexican.

Ethnically, Cuban cuisine is built around "peasant"food. Rice and beans are staples.
Fish and meats are baked, broiled, or grilled in one of three main themes:
1.) Sweet, but not overly so
2.) Garlic and olive oil combo with other seasonings.
3.) Citrus marinade, usually using lime.

There are many similarities between Mediterrainean cooking and Cuban cooking.

Some MOA members who are riding in from Florida will be meeting with both my wife and I at Cubanitas in Milwaukee during the week of the Rally. If this of interest to you, please PM me. The more the merrier!

Although I like Mexican food that is hot and spicy, I think Cuban cusine would be to my liking also. Thanks for the info.:yum

tonyt607

A bunch of us will meet at Cubanita's in Downtown Milwaukee during the week. If you are interested, send me a PM.

Howard

Back