• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are there No BMW riders in Montana??

H

HALLIE365

So I sit here...looking at how many have looked at my post...72 by last count but only one has responded? Hmmm do I have to make this more tempting for all of you to want to meet and eat some good food and swap ideas around? Or are there really no BMW riders in Montana that would want to be social, and say hello to fellow riders, maybe get a Fall ride in as well? I know the weather is looking like winter so maybe we will just do the BBQ, have a End-Of Season BBQ thing. I'm trying here people...and hell if you don't ride but are on this site come on over as well! It will be in a beautiful setting in western Montana, if you need to stay we an accomadate that as well. Great roads to ride and great country to see!

Hallie:wave

HI Hallie,

Yes there are BMW riders in Montana... We are supposed to get a big snow storm tonight into tomorrow here in south central MT. My Bike may come back out, but not if the road gets and stays icy.

BBQ sound great:buds except the problem of how big our state is. When and where were you thinking of gathering, isn't Lewistown the center of the state???

Cheers

Robert

Hey there

HI Hallie,

Yes there are BMW riders in Montana... We are supposed to get a big snow storm tonight into tomorrow here in south central MT. My Bike may come back out, but not if the road gets and stays icy.

BBQ sound great:buds except the problem of how big our state is. When and where were you thinking of gathering, isn't Lewistown the center of the state???

Cheers

Robert

Yeah nice weather huh. I actually think maybe because I am an optimist that we will get some nice weather headed our way but the BBQ would be just fine. My parents own land in Whitehall Montana with a cabin, and rooms so I was just bring out the whole "if you need to stay thing for that reason" ie..our state is so big. I am trying to get an idea on when a good time would be from people that respond so I can start planning. I was thinking around the first part of November. I remember last year we had 65 on Thanksgiving! We are you located at? Would it be feasible for you and whoever you bring? Let me know and thanks for the reply :wave

I think you would be chancing it by having a BBQ in November. It cold be very cold and snowy.

I live in Red Lodge

This may be a great idea next riding season.

Robert

Hallie,

The really funny part is I don't ride a beemer anymore, but that doesn't matter:bikes. My wife still does.
If you want to contact more BMW riders in the Treasure State, try here: http://www.mtbmwriders.org/
There are a quite a few folks in the club who aren't on the forum, and some others who also don't ride beemers, it really isn't a prerequisite. We do get together once a month for lunch, the wheres & whens are under the news link.
(There are two options each month, as the state is so big. Pick whichever is more to your liking.)
Your barbeque still sounds like a great idea, good company and food always are:eat

Last edited:
It seems like most of the forum members in Montana are from eastern Montana. Perhaps we need to try to get a "western group" together. There don't seem to be that many riders, but it just is not very likely that I will get to a meeting in Billings.

The MT BMW group gets together monthly, are you getting the newsletter? We do split into eastern amd western in the winter, but in riding season we just meet in one "central" location. I can't recall now if Oct or Nov is Avon. Maybe Oct is Ovando and Nov is Avon? Someone will probably post and correct me.

Sometimes in the winter we get together and poke holes in tires to learn how to fix a flat, or watch someone's travel videos.

The Missoula dealership is the site of the Missoula Area motorcyclists Christmas Party, have you ever come to one? That's one way to make new friends.

I have never been to a BMW function. I just purchased my bike this summer. Also have a Harley and have attended some of those rallies. Am looking forward to meeting more BMW riders.

Show up on your bike at any of the footrace events and you'll find the BMW riders patrolling for security. Helena has a few, RATPOD (Run Around The Pintlers in One Day), Missoula has the Bank Run (we get to ride across the U of M campus and along the river footpath), and TOSRV (Tour of the Swan River Valley - West).

Thanks for the replies!

I think having a Western regional group would be great! I am still optomistic about having a BBQ, hell if we cook outside and eat indoors that's fine by me! I will check out that MT website, but if there are people interested than let me know because I will forge ahead with this.

Hallie : )

Back