• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are all new Metzler Roadtec Z6s Interact?

mervingry

Asked the Motorrad dealer to install new Metzler Roadtec Z6 Interact tires on my F800ST during the 20,000 km service yesterday.

Question: Not sure if the Interacts were installed since the wording on the tire simply says "Metzler Roadtec Z6", without the word "Interact" anywhere on the tire. Service guy said that all Roadtec Z6s are now Interact. Is he correct?

My dealer told me the Interact is a replacement/next generation version of the Z6. There is still supply of the older model out there. I don't know how the markings differ.

Metzeler Interact

I think all of the Interacts will have a red stripe through them.
Refer to Metzeler's website:

"The successor of Roadtec Z6, able thanks to the revolutionary INTERACTÔäó technology to offer the best performance answering the new needs of the modern sport touring riders.
  • New INTERACTÔäó technology guarantees a progressive and intelligent pressure distribution all along the profile ensuring performance exactly where needed for high adaptability to different riding styles
  • Flexibility of usage thanks to new highly efficient compound mixing technology designed to give maximum stability in all riding conditions
  • Increased silica / carbon balck ratio improves total wet behaviour for maximum confidence in every weather condition"

http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/en_US/browser/attachments/pdfCatalog/moto/MV_ROADTEC%20Z6%20INTERACT.pdf

Lots of regular Z6's are still around

My Metzler Roadtec Z6 Interacts say "Interact" on the sidewall. No red stripes either. Your service tech is incorrect and sold you the previous model.

Back