• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

73 BMW Factory Fairing

When a full fairing is installed you lose that great beautiful visual impact of the bike. Something else to think about.

That's all in the eyes of the beholder IMO. I like the lines of the Luftmeister fairing...it doesn't hide the visual of the engine.

Avon

With what he wants for it plus shipping from Canada it becomes prohibitively expensive (for me anyway...) I kind of like the "just windshield" look.

Don't think their available new from BMW anymore, NLA. But they do come up on eBay and at swap meets from time to time.

I stand corrected. :)

NONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first and new /6 was just like the pics above but with the 4.3 gallon tank.........No guards on the Wixoms though. My favorite ever BMW bike and put over 120K on it with NOTHING ever to need repair or replacement except tires.......
My current /6 is sans fairing and the bags are Krausers that typically come off unless the wife is on for a ride. Perhaps I really appreciate the lines, shapes, and contours of the naked bike. Then we start adding function items that hide or disguise all that beauty. Yes, those additional components add to some, a beauty of their own. To others though, they are just necessary evils to put up with in order to perform a job..........To each their own.........

Thx Dennis, but I was wrong. I never want to put down other riders, motorcycles or equipment. I want to be up lifting not down grading.:)

Back