• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2020 R1250GS TFT & Cardo Packtalk Bold Music Issues

wsaluta

Apologies if this has been answered before. I did search a number of forums.

I’m having an issue that when I’m streaming music from my phone to the tft and subsequently to my headset, the music speeds up and slows down. This is my setup:

iPhone 11
Cardo Packtalk bold w/JBL speakers
2020 R1250GS with TFT and Nav VI

iPhone paired to tft
Cardo Packtalk paired to TFT - 1st Bluetooth channel on Packtalk
iPhone paired to Nav VI - media and phone disabled on Nav VI
Cardo Packtalk paired to NavVI, 2nd Bluetooth channel on Packtalk, configured as GPS

My phone and Packtalk software/firmware is up to date. Not sure about GS TFT but I just purchased new from the dealer about three weeks ago.

Again the music speeds up and slows down. It happens fairly constantly. This is music stored on my iPhone, not streaming via Pandora or Spotify - I’m not even sure that’s possible. Everything else I use seems to work fine. I can place phone calls via the TFT, the rider/passenger intercom is fine, and gps instructions from the Nav VI works well. I don’t use the bmw app for directions with the tft.

Any advice is appreciated.

Firmware update on the TFT would be the best first step. Even tho the bike is new, that firmware could be out of date.

Best,
DeVern

My Fix on my 750

This has also bugged me. I've been playing around with this for about a week now, and this is my Fix. I pair my iPhone with my bike and pair my Cardo to my iPhone only; Cardo is not paired with the TFT. When I Pair the Cardo with the TFT, and iPhone at the same time, The TFT and Cardo craps out. When I do the setup with all 3 connected, TFT and the BMW app stop recording rides, Cardo loses its voice feature, and I get fast and slow music playback or no playback—cracking on phone calls and more.

When I pair my iPhone with my bike and pair my Cardo to my iPhone only, I get no cracking on the phone calls, I get the use of Siri and Hey Cardio, music play amazing, and the TFT Nav audio plays from the BMW app, not the TFT, so you get navigation audio too!!! The only issue I found, the bike stops recording your Ride when you are on a phone call but will resume when the call ends.

This has also bugged me. I've been playing around with this for about a week now, and this is my Fix. I pair my iPhone with my bike and pair my Cardo to my iPhone only; Cardo is not paired with the TFT. When I Pair the Cardo with the TFT, and iPhone at the same time, The TFT and Cardo craps out. When I do the setup with all 3 connected, TFT and the BMW app stop recording rides, Cardo loses its voice feature, and I get fast and slow music playback or no playback—cracking on phone calls and more.

When I pair my iPhone with my bike and pair my Cardo to my iPhone only, I get no cracking on the phone calls, I get the use of Siri and Hey Cardio, music play amazing, and the TFT Nav audio plays from the BMW app, not the TFT, so you get navigation audio too!!! The only issue I found, the bike stops recording your Ride when you are on a phone call but will resume when the call ends.

Agree with law ranger… however, the one downside is the inability to control music thru the TFT and dial. Which for a $30k bike, kinda pisses me off.

If anyone comes on the fix please post.

… SNIP… The only issue I found, the bike stops recording your Ride when you are on a phone call but will resume when the call ends.

So this may explain the dotted line on my ride record while I was talking to my brother. First time using the phone + helmet to TFT pairing. I did neglect to reset earlier pairing of my helmet to phone (Nolan N-Com 601R) before moving to my new ride. I’ll give it another go today with a reset.

I also experienced the nav and media dropping off due to likely related issues. And for the rest of the ride my traffic info was stuck at 50 (mph) on my TFT, even after stopping to restart my phone, the Connected app and the bike.

Bike firmware updated in November, N-Com firmware current, iOS 15.4 on an iPhone 13 and current version of the app. Pretty sure this is pilot error.

Back