• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 Nat'l Rally July 14 - 17 in Hamburg NY

Motorcycle shipping

Considering shipping my bike from Oregon to Hambutg or somewhere near then riding back to Oregon. Will the rally have a special rate for the Rally?

Considering shipping my bike from Oregon to Hambutg or somewhere near then riding back to Oregon. Will the rally have a special rate for the Rally?

Are you asking about a special shipping rate?

AFAIK, there hasn't been a motorcycle shipping component of past Rallys and I don't see any mention this year either.

Are you asking about a special shipping rate?

AFAIK, there hasn't been a motorcycle shipping component of past Rallys and I don't see any mention this year either.

Okay thought I'd ask before I commit to a shipper should I decide to make the trip.

Jim Mason

good eye indeed......but, Grape ? Maybe that was just 'tongue in cheek' sort of thing eh? :wave - Bob

OK, I was trolling for a response from the fabled frozen Loon of the Prairie, but to no avail.

But, I do have to ask.................what is wrong with you nice people???

I just made fun of your national symbol and you waved at me with a smilie face emoji???

If the shoe were on the other foot, 1/2 of the US population would be demanding an invasion of some place Canadian, boycotting maple flavored products and using the Latin name for a species of geese.

Last edited:
OK, I was trolling for a response from the fabled frozen Loon of the Prairie, but to no avail.

I just made fun of your national symbol and you waved at me with smilie face emoji???

If the shoe were on the other foot, 1/2 of the US population would be demanding an invasion of some place Canadian, boycotting maple flavored products and using the Latin name for a species of geese.

Generally speaking, we don't tend to get as excited I suppose........ unless the real need arises of course. Gotta go. Time to partake of our national drink: wine :whistle See ya in Hamburg next July eh? - Bob

Generally speaking, we don't tend to get as excited I suppose........ unless the real need arises of course. Gotta go. Time to partake of our national drink: wine :whistle See ya in Hamburg next July eh? - Bob

Yep.........I'll be partying with the bed bugs and fleas at the Motel 6!

Jon

I just made fun of your national symbol and you waved at me with a smilie face emoji???

...and we know which half that would be, don't we...?

36654 -
You need more exposure to our cousins from the North.
Bob's reaction was that of an extremely pissed off Canadian. The last time I've seen Bob that excited was when he had a conversation with a guy in Meat Cove,NS that screwed up the reservations he made for his Salty Fog Rally. Both participants were smiling, polite, cordial and not a foul word or threatening move was used. Being from New Jersey (think Gov, Christie) I had to have another Canadian tell me they were having an argument.
Bob see you and Mary at the National Harry

Being from New Jersey (think Gov, Christie) I had to have another Canadian tell me they were having an argument.

Two weeks ago, I made friends with one of your neighbors from NYC. Boy.....did they wave when I missed the exit ramp onto the Merritt Parkway from I-287...

Two weeks ago, I made friends with one of your neighbors from NYC. Boy.....did they wave when I missed the exit ramp onto the Merritt Parkway from I-287...

Lots of new friends to be made up here - just break down on the Cross Bronx Expressway and the locals will be right out to greet you, conversation might be a problem unless you speak Spanish but they'll get their message across to you.

Ride Safe :wave

Lots of new friends to be made up here - just break down on the Cross Bronx Expressway and the locals will be right out to greet you, conversation might be a problem unless you speak Spanish but they'll get their message across to you.

Ride Safe :wave

I only do I95 thru the city on the weekends. Looping all the way up to I84 is just too boring. Besides, I don't have any family members to visit in Newburgh:)

36654 -
You need more exposure to our cousins from the North.
Bob's reaction was that of an extremely pissed off Canadian. The last time I've seen Bob that excited was when he had a conversation with a guy in Meat Cove,NS that screwed up the reservations he made for his Salty Fog Rally. Both participants were smiling, polite, cordial and not a foul word or threatening move was used. Being from New Jersey (think Gov, Christie) I had to have another Canadian tell me they were having an argument.

A very enjoyable read Harry.... with a couple of hearty laughs! In reference to that guy in Meat Cove: for our final rally I called the owner (dumb ass's father in law) and basically said that we won't deal with the little fella. So, we got the prime real-estate back again. Funny story that you outlined though!

Ya, see you in Hamburg Harry! Maybe a Salty Fog Riders gathering will happen :dunno Now we can let this thread get back to the important matter at hand: The Rally. - Bob

Back