• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 R12GSA water pumps

I just had the water pump replaced on my 2016 RT, for the same problem as reported above. Noticed it weeping at around 3k miles, and replaced today ar 4.7k miles. It was bad enough to occasionally leave a small puddle in the driveway at the end of a ride.

To answer the question in the previous post, the part number of the replacement is 11518529879. I don't know if is different than the original or not. Someone more knowledgeable than me can let us know.

No evidence of weeping after the 70 mile ride home.

Some people have had their water pumps replaced, but more often than not the seeping seems to stop within a couple thousand miles. I have wondered if perhaps some of what folks have seen has been the result of overfilling at the factory or upon initial setup.

Generally what I've heard from others is that their dealers tell them to monitor it "for a while"--whatever that means--and to come back if the seepage continues.

That's what they told me, too. Hence, the 1700 miles between noticing it and replacing it. The turning point was when it left wet spots on the driveway. As soon as they saw pics of that, they ordered a replacement. They said the shaft seal was clearly leaking, and it won't get better. Hopefully it's a long term fix.

2015 RT water pump leak

I'm in the club!

I went for a ride Saturday on my 5500 mile 2015 RT. I rode about 250 miles in 90 plus heat. Sunday morning there were a couple of drops of blue fluid under the front of the engine. I traced the fluid back to the water pump witness port.

I emailed my dealer Monday about the leak and they said that they'd seen a few RT water pump leaks. They also said that BMW was aware of the issue and was preparing a Service Bulletin to address the problem. The Service Manager mentioned they'd be able to install the bulletin the next time I bring the bike in for service so it sounds like the SB will be available soon.

ridelife

Back