• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 RT and handlebar mirrors.

froggy

My 02 RT was just totaled and am looking at a 2013. My 02 mirrors were fine until I would put a bag on back seat at which point it would block the view from mirrors. Purchased some used bmw bar mirrors with the split stalk ( Gt mirrors maybe?) and it took care of the blind spot...and they looked good.
Does the 2013 RT have the same problem, and will the mirrors fit on the newer bike? I have put the mirrors on Panjo, but now realize I may need them.
Thanks

Well while posting this the mirrors sold and it would be wrong of me to turn down sale. I looked at Max's microphish and it shows different clutch and brake assemblies compaired to 2005-2009 R1200RTs. I do not see a hole in the 2010-2013 models to install the mirrors. Am I wrong?

Well while posting this the mirrors sold and it would be wrong of me to turn down sale. I looked at Max's microphish and it shows different clutch and brake assemblies compaired to 2005-2009 R1200RTs. I do not see a hole in the 2010-2013 models to install the mirrors. Am I wrong?

They are different, the lever clamp top piece for a Roadster or GS is needed and the older K mirrors don't work. Here is another thread from folks who went this route. The clamps are different widths, but are working for folks.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...ed-mirrors-for-2013-R1200RT&highlight=mirrors

B0005999.png
R12R #12

B0005949.png

RT #12

Try a Wunderlich Mirror?

Have you looked at how the Wunderlich Flash Mirror would appear on your 13 RT?
Here they are on my 10 RT, and I think they look HOT.
Wunderlich Mirror Flash, Part # 8700035. $100.59.
Sorry 'bout your loss, but, on the other hand, welcome to the club!
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 75
Have you looked at how the Wunderlich Flash Mirror would appear on your 13 RT?
Here they are on my 10 RT, and I think they look HOT.
Wunderlich Mirror Flash, Part # 8700035. $100.59.
Sorry 'bout your loss, but, on the other hand, welcome to the club!
Jim

Is that everything needed to install two mirrors. $100. ? Sounds great if true.

I think the Wunderlich mirrors will work as will some OEM GS/A mirrors. What you need is a place to fasten them as the holes were eliminated for the 2010-13 RT. It looks like the part number you'd need is: 32 72 8 533 246...one for each side. I think the nomenclature for these $28 parts is "pipe clamp." These provide the hole for into which the mirror is screwed. Wunderlich makes similar pieces but they cost more.

You could be in touch with Jeremy in the parts dept. at Max BMW in NH and I'm sure he could work you through the problem and get you the right parts. I have a 2015 RT, and got the mirrors, pipe clamps and some nuts from him. I think two mirrors and two pipe clamps were about $250. Here's his contact information:

Jeremy Leafe
MAX BMW Motorcycles

Direct: 603-828-2498

Text/SMS: 603-828-2498

Email: jeremy@maxbmw.com

Back