• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2007 Rally!

I say we make the rally site a true adventure to get to. Let's try Alaska. we can pretty much guarantee that the weather will be nicer ther than in 75% of the rest of the country, and the trip and scenery would be outstanding. I, personally, would love to ride up and maybe ferry the bike back to Washington. It would be an event that wouldn't be soon forgotten.
Just my two cents worth. :dunno

I'd love it to be in Alaska. That's an outstanding ride, one you'll remember for life, but I bet we'd get a lot of grumbles from the folks who couldn't take that much time off....... :violin

Still no martini smilie??? How come NONE of these smilies are riding anything??

Who's the smilie guy around here? :evil

beemerPhil said:
Still no martini smilie??? How come NONE of these smilies are riding anything??

Who's the smilie guy around here? :evil

No legs! They can't ride. With the exception of the dancing guys the rest came in sidecars. The dancing guys are dancing because they are off the bike and they are trying to get their privates working. The ride hight is always wrong on a BMW.

I would have put a smile at the end of this but the hack its riding in broke down.

Last edited:
beemerPhil said:
I'd love it to be in Alaska. That's an outstanding ride, one you'll remember for life, but I bet we'd get a lot of grumbles from the folks who couldn't take that much time off....... :violin

You're probably right about that. I live in Northern California, and the prospect of riding to Vermont (or most any other East Coast location) is pretty much out of the question. A rally in Alaska that has been announced almost two years in advance should give anyone, myself included, the proper impetus to get the time off, money saved, etc. I'd bet a big lunch that the attendance would be higher than any other rally the MOA has ever held.

2007 location

How about Lumby British Columbia where we had the International Norton Rally a couple of years ago.

The city of Lumby loved us and welcomed us with open arms.

Geoff

gmk1200gt said:
How about Lumby British Columbia where we had the International Norton Rally a couple of years ago.

The city of Lumby loved us and welcomed us with open arms.

Geoff

Ive been looking for a site in BC or Alberta for two years now. Not many places can handle 2000 motel rooms and camping for 5000 plus in the tourist season. I hope the Lumby Idea was a joke :laugh , we have a club breakfast in Lumby and its all they can do to fit us in. Martin in BC

Good Choice for an Out West Rally

Sausage Boy had the right state, but wrong town.

Reno has facilities, infrastructure, a dealership and excellent Tahoe/Sierra riding, and desert riding (Virginia City, etc). GSer's would have a blast. So would anyone else on two wheels.

At nearly 5000 foot elevation, it doesn't have obscene heat in July like Vegas
8977582-S.jpg

Since everybody's talking about how sites get selected, I though this might be helpful.

If you haven't been to the main page in a while, you might want to poke around a bit. There's some neat stuff appearing up there.

:thumb

gussie said:
Sausage Boy had the right state, but wrong town.

Reno has facilities, infrastructure, a dealership and excellent Tahoe/Sierra riding, and desert riding (Virginia City, etc). GSer's would have a blast. So would anyone else on two wheels.

At nearly 5000 foot elevation, it doesn't have obscene heat in July like Vegas
8977582-S.jpg

Do they have a race track?

KBasa said:
Since everybody's talking about how sites get selected, I though this might be helpful.

If you haven't been to the main page in a while, you might want to poke around a bit. There's some neat stuff appearing up there.

:thumb

There is more to the site than just this forum?!?!? :laugh :stick

2007 Rally Site

martinPH said:
Ive been looking for a site in BC or Alberta for two years now. Not many places can handle 2000 motel rooms and camping for 5000 plus in the tourist season. I hope the Lumby Idea was a joke :laugh , we have a club breakfast in Lumby and its all they can do to fit us in. Martin in BC

I know where there is one and in Alberta as well!!
Martin, how about you being the rally chair??
The Kiltmeister
RSSC Region VII
BMW MOA Ambassador Liaison

I'm in!

Alberta/BC's a fine idea- do you really know a place? Anywhere near Jasper? The Icefields Parkway is one of the most beautiful rides I remember....I'd go at the drop of a hat. :clap

I haven't seen Lake Louise in 10 years, but the color of that water stays with you a long time.

Still, we'd lose a lot of members that can't get the time off, and the whines might get kinda loud....... :violin

But I could live with that! :dance

I thought we had our previous rally locations listed on the site, but can't find them.

Maybe we can talk Vince or Scott into adding this historical information. Dates and locations are listed in our Anonymous Book.

:german

Slash/5 also posted the list on the Forum. I don't have the link, but maybe someone can find it and repost as a sticky?

Breeze

We'll post the list - good idea

I can't find it either. So we'll get the rally list online somewhere.

Thanks,
Vince Winkel

The new guy .........

Passport will be required to cross Canada and Mexico borders by land after Dec. 31, 2007. Currently $97 good for 10 years. Renewals $67. Expedited service additional $60. Only 20 to 25 percent of Americans currently have a passport.

As of last month new passports include an identification chip in them.

The latest news is the 2008 passport plan may be changed to a cheaper form of ID to be determined.

Back