• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1983 R100 RS Project

Happy Holidays everyone!

Not much going on here in New England. Bike related
Bike is now on a tender for the winter months. I don't see too many opportunities for a ride in the up coming months. Especially with the first potentially major snow storm due here Sunday. We'll see...
So I do have one questions to throw out to the group.
I've been researching USB phone chargers for the bike. Does anyone have some ideas on that?
Thanks in advance
Brian

Try searching the MOA forum with google's site search:

site:forums.bmwmoa.org usb charger

Hello all,
Itching to get back out on the road here in New England. Just would like to see the temperatures a little warmer!
In the mean time I've been researching period correct panniers for my 83 R100RS. I see alot of variations out there and I'm really not sure what is correct.
I think the mounts are pretty straight forward. It's the hard cover bags that I see the variations.
Does anyone have good insight to what is correct or if you're in the NE area, know of anyone selling panniers.
Thanks again,

Brian

Per MAXBMW fiche 0146532315183 is the left touring case and 0146542315184 is the right side. NLA I believe. You can find them for sale used in the usual places, condition and keys may be an issue for you, good luck.

In the mean time I've been researching period correct panniers for my 83 R100RS. I see alot of variations out there and I'm really not sure what is correct.
Here's what the OEM bags looked like in 1984.
1711393496851.jpeg

Here's what the mounts looked like.
I don't remember if the RS mounts were chrome or painted black.
1711393608994.jpeg

The parts fiche shows this bag pictured below was used in 1983 then changed in 1984 to what I showed above.
1711394240853.jpeg
1711394275427.jpeg

Last edited:
To my knowledge these are original.
IMG_7781-XL.jpg

Chrome rack is original.
IMG_8616-XL.jpg

Back