• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

10 days off work! 2100miles here I come!

audioelliot

Hey everybody. Welp the time is here, I have my first vacation of the year and I have a 2100mile trip planned out. And althought I'm accustomed to riding alone and most of the time prefer it. I'm looking for any takers that might want to meet up and ride during my trip. On August 28th, I'll be departing Savannah, GA en route to Cincinnati, OH. I plan on taking my sweet time because the Smokies, Dragon, and Cherohala are all on the way. I'll be arriving in Cincy tuesday afternoon to catch the Steely Dan concert at Riverbend Center. Then the next day I'll be making a 500 trip back to my home in lovely Shrewsbury Pa. After 4 days at home, I'll be starting my 925 mile trip to Cedar Rapids, IA to get back to work :( (starting Monday, Sept 4th.) So if anyone wants to ride a bit in this serious heat (tempting I know right?) let me know. Thanks.

Congrats on your upcoming trip. I just did 2000 mi in 3 days fm Dallas to North Platte, NE and back. I drove into the wear bars on the front tire and got real worried about the wear factor and number of miles left on the tire. Well, 1000 miles later the tire is still on the bike and may have another couple of months on it pending style of riding and distance. I held 36 psi fr and 42 rear. There was a slight vibration from the front around 90. The tire has the typical asymetric wear and slight scalloping so I accepted it. It still rode well even faster (US 77 from Newton KS to Marysville - tore it up). The traffic on IH80 was murder and a real dissapointment on the trip. I will never plan as long a run on an interstate again. The buffeting was a struggle and demoralizing. The "Zen" moments were early hours alone on the road, like a knife thru the smooth air, kept having to back off the throttle as it was always creeping up.

Back