• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

03 r1150rt Evo brake front pad re & re

HI All
I can't seem to find what the size of the star bolt is to take the front brake caliper apart.
I looked in the mand no specs in tthere.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Often I find the only way to know the exact size of a fastener, seal, bearing, or O-ring I need to replace is to take stuff apart and measure it. Manufacturers don't often make it easy for us, the end users, to buy generic replacement parts. Brembo included.

It's a T40 to split the caliper apart on my EVO braked 2003 R1100S. A T45 is used to mount the caliper to the fork leg.
A tip I discovered the hard way- when trying to find the correct size torx bit, start with too large and work your way down. The next size smaller will often go in and appear to work until it buggers up the torx bolt.

Frank

A tip I discovered the hard way- when trying to find the correct size torx bit, start with too large and work your way down. The next size smaller will often go in and appear to work until it buggers up the torx bolt.

Frank

Definitely agree with this, from experience.

The flip side is that Torx bits work great for removing stripped-out Allen screws.

It's a T40 to split the caliper apart on my EVO braked 2003 R1100S. A T45 is used to mount the caliper to the fork leg.

Frank

Thanks Frank
I am going to buy a whole set of 3/8 drive torx head bits!

Back