• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New VP in Charge of BMW Mottorad of the Americas is Named

pglaves

Interesting that it is now "BMW Motorrad of the Americas (including Canada Mexico and Latin America) instead of just BMW Motorrad USA. I am curious how this plays out in Canada where BMW has operated separate for the United States.

" Trudy Hardy: Vice President, BMW Motorrad of the Americas

Trudy Hardy will assume Peyton’s previous post as vice president of BMW Motorrad of the Americas. In her new position, Hardy will be responsible for all BMW Motorrad operations in both North and South America, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Latin America Direct Market Operations. Since 2013, she has served as vice president of marketing for BMW of North America

Hardy has been an avid motorcycle rider over the course of her more than 20-years in the industry. She began her career with the BMW Group in 2001 as one of the original team members responsible for launching the MINI brand in the U.S. Since then, Hardy has led marketing in various departments across the company from aftersales to MINI and BMW, responsible for brand strategy, positioning, product management, and communications."

I wish Trudy well in her new position and hope we can meet her in Tennessee in June.

Last edited:
Paul - I wonder if you'd discovered a change in corporate structure. Here's a quotation taken from the BMW NA website regarding the same promotion for Trudy Hardy and the last sentence may be the most important regarding to whom she reports:

"Trudy Hardy: Vice President, BMW Motorrad of the Americas

Trudy Hardy will assume Peyton’s previous post as vice president of BMW Motorrad of the Americas. In her new position, Hardy will be responsible for all BMW Motorrad operations in both North and South America, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Latin America Direct Market Operations. Since 2013, she has served as vice president of marketing for BMW of North America

Hardy has been an avid motorcycle rider over the course of her more than 20-years in the industry. She began her career with the BMW Group in 2001 as one of the original team members responsible for launching the MINI brand in the U.S. Since then, Hardy has led marketing in various departments across the company from aftersales to MINI and BMW, responsible for brand strategy, positioning, product management, and communications.

Hardy’s successor will be announced at a later date.

Both Peyton and Hardy will report directly to Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO of BMW of North America, and serve as members of the company’s executive management team."

Paul - I wonder if you'd discovered a change in corporate structure. Here's a quotation taken from the BMW NA website regarding the same promotion for Trudy Hardy and the last sentence may be the most important regarding to whom she reports:

<snip>

Both Peyton and Hardy will report directly to Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO of BMW of North America, and serve as members of the company’s executive management team." [/I]

So, the head of BMW Canada should be polishing up the ‘ol resume? And if all management will be centralized through NA how will that affect the current differences in warranty provisions, etc?

Best,
DG

So, the head of BMW Canada should be polishing up the ‘ol resume? And if all management will be centralized through NA how will that affect the current differences in warranty provisions, etc?

Best,
DG

This is indeed an excellent opportunity to align programs and offers. Also a good time for our club executive to introduce themselves and our club which would have similar geographical coverage to BMW Motorrad.

... snip

Both Peyton and Hardy will report directly to Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO of BMW of North America, and serve as members of the company’s executive management team." [/I]

I wonder what will happen to Peyton longer term...?

This is indeed an excellent opportunity to align programs and offers. Also a good time for our club executive to introduce themselves and our club which would have similar geographical coverage to BMW Motorrad.

45 years on one would think they’d know about us and hopefully help us overcome the Canadian and Mexican roadblocks we’ve had in the past? That would be a good thing, methinks.

45 years on one would think they’d know about us and hopefully help us overcome the Canadian and Mexican roadblocks we’ve had in the past? That would be a good thing, methinks.

I dunno. These days corporations with constant executive churn have VERY short memories. Especially when chasing the next quarterly profit numbers over a wide array of products and regions.

Interesting that BMW Motorrad for the entire western hemisphere has been folded under BMW NA. Is there no South American BMW auto presence? My tea-leaf reading skills are not good but I wonder if this presages a larger shakeup in corporate structure. And of course my "shakeup" may be your "corporate realignment" which could be someone else's "gutting".

I wonder what will happen to Peyton longer term...?

Historically, he will be promoted to a higher level of responsibility within the CAR division for having survived a time in the purgatory of the NA motorcycle division. :dunno

Friedle

Interesting that BMW Motorrad for the entire western hemisphere has been folded under BMW NA. Is there no South American BMW auto presence? My tea-leaf reading skills are not good but I wonder if this presages a larger shakeup in corporate structure. And of course my "shakeup" may be your "corporate realignment" which could be someone else's "gutting".

I didn't read BMW of the Americas; only BMW Motorrad of the Americas.

Back