• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Distinguished Gentlemans Ride

I tried to donate but the site does not seem to want to accept a US address, or maybe I am inept.

Riding to cure prostate cancer is a noble cause. Trying to cure "Men's" mental health is a quixotic endeavor.

Perhaps some rare smart M'erican will figure it out and let us all know how to go about it.

Okay, I got it figured out. There is a button that allows one to change the country of the address that I had overlooked before. Donation made.

Thank you gents for the donations. There is always beer at what we hope will be an open Moto B&B next year. Even if we're not open drop by anyway.

They won't let you wear ATGATT on the ride, so not interested.

???

Same Cause, Same Goal, Different Approach
The 2020 ride will be a solo event to comply with all local social distancing restrictions. We are maintaining a consistent global message that there will be no mass-participation event - but just because we're not riding in groups doesn't mean we're not riding! 2020 is our year to prove how connected and caring we are.

This is our year to Ride Solo, Together.

I haven't looked specifically but I seriously doubt they would counsel someone not to wear ATGATT if that was the preference. Personally I'm only a quasi ATGATT guy, I will certainly do some riding without it all, my only 100% deals are eye protection and gloves. I'll even go without a helmet before skipping those two.

edit: I just went through their website and the specifically state helmets are mandatory and to dress dapper, nothing about not wearing ATGATT. I'd say it would be pretty easy to dress up your ATGATT gear for a dapper look if that's the way you wanted to go.

It's still a good cause despite any issues about actually riding.

Back