• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Once more for the ripper

stixx

Renewed for another year . Turning77 this year and reached 24K on my 17 BMW R 1200 GS "Blue Belle" . Hoping to try and make a few more events but getting to
old to sleep in tents :LOL

Welcome to the forum and thanks for renewing! I don't know if it's too old to sleep in tents, but maybe it's more that having a nice bed and shower is hard to beat! Keep putting on the miles!! :wave

Thanks for stepping up and making the commitment towards our club for another year. FYI: hotels can most definitely be worth the money depending on the condition of the spine.

The older I get, the Faster I was!

I just watched a video of a group of adventure riders riding over Black Bear pass and down into Telluride. To those who might read this who have done this ride I :bow:bow.

I was going to say that I wouldn't be caught dead trying to ride this, but on reflection that seems to me to be the only way you would find me should I try.

They say that if you never slow down you never grow old. I soooo hope that is true!! :D

This statement takes on a much different meaning if considered from the perspective of a pilot heading towards the ground at Mach 2 in an out of control aircraft. :eek

This statement takes on a much different meaning if considered from the perspective of a pilot heading towards the ground at Mach 2 in an out of control aircraft. :eek

Or riding a motorcycle on a twisty road with steep cliffs awaiting that little bit of extra exuberance. You know the trio: Tess, Toss, and Tyrone. :)

Well, in one way of looking at it, that pilot is likely to not grow any older. :hide

I just watched a video of a group of adventure riders riding over Black Bear pass and down into Telluride. To those who might read this who have done this ride I :bow:bow.

I was going to say that I wouldn't be caught dead trying to ride this, but on reflection that seems to me to be the only way you would find me should I try.

Don't know if this is the same video, but old[er] guys at altitude with heavy bikes is mighty tough. Makes a smaller bike (e.g., GS310) look better ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9w0uoFQTt0I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back