• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Paris to Install Noise Tracking Cameras

Really the "Sturgis Warriors" tow their bikes to a park on trailers? Do you actually believe what you are writing? Do you expect us to? Some of us know better. The disdain the MOA collective feels for the HD crowd is disgusting. You somehow believe you hold yourself to be a higher level, more enlightened motorcyclist, but then resort to 3rd grade style name calling.

How about this....I was at the nerdy, old f*ck convention in TN this year -feel good?

Every time I visit this forum or the FB page I am reminded why I have quit this 5hit show numerous times.

Makes me embarrassed to be associated with YOU people.

I camped twice in Yellowstone during the Sturgis rally and I expressed what I saw on both occasions. Numerous trailers with HDs sitting beside them, groups of bikes, with many running straight pipes, riders wearing shorts, wife beater shirts and cruising at 10 MPH under the speed limit. They ruined the Yellowstone experience for others; those are the facts.

“Sturgis Warriors” is, I believe, an apt description of the riders I’ve seen in Sturgis or passing through my home area on their way to and from the rally. They may be wealthy and accomplished people, but when it comes to motorcycles they are dilettantes.

In my original post I never mentioned a particular brand of bike, but since you assumed I was describing HDs you must realize that the riders of that brand are most likely to behave in such a boorish fashion. I’m glad we agree on something... or does my description of these riders hit too close to home? Maybe you should be embarrassed if you embrace the behavior I described.

Last edited:
Pot calling the kettle black?

It was very carefully explained in a letter from a BMW rider in letters to the editor of a Harley type magazine. So I quote, "We are all alike. But you guys dress like pirates and we dress like Armadillos." That deserves a :) and a :wave but not a :scratch because it is so true.

I camped twice in Yellowstone during the Sturgis rally and I expressed what I saw on both occasions. Numerous trailers with HDs sitting beside them, groups of bikes, with many running straight pipes, riders wearing shorts, wife beater shirts and cruising at 10 MPH under the speed limit. They ruined the Yellowstone experience for others; those are the facts.

“Sturgis Warriors” is, I believe, an apt description of the riders I’ve seen in Sturgis or passing through my home area on their way to and from the rally. They may be wealthy and accomplished people, but when it comes to motorcycles they are dilettantes.

In my original post I never mentioned a particular brand of bike, but since you assumed I was describing HDs you must realize that the riders of that brand are most likely to behave in such a boorish fashion. I’m glad we agree on something... or does my description of these riders hit too close to home? Maybe you should be embarrassed if you embrace the behavior I described.

We live 28 miles north of Big Bend National Park. We have a long horseshoe type driveway that parallels the highway. Every year we get several groups of bikers who unload their bikes from trailers in our driveway and as their spouses, significant others or whatever drive away with the trailers they motor on to the park.

Many others leave their trailers in Alpine. They make their 1st rest stop 25 miles south of Alpine in a rest area. Their second stop is sometimes our driveway 28 miles further south. Then they can proceed to the park about 28 miles to the south of our house. Smoking has a lot to do with this schedule.

I have also camped at Saint Mary to the east of Glacier. I have personally seen a dozen or so bikes unloaded from trailers to go ride Glacier, and then return to trailer heaven. This is not a diss. Just a factual report of observing precisely what Kevin wrote about. If it hurts, sorry.

Last edited:
So how bout them Parisian noise tracking Cameras???
Armadillos 1
Pirates. 4

Next year’s buccaneers rally I’m trailering through Paris

But, when someone intentionally chooses to degrade my environment with their noise that's an act of aggression and hostility. From the same perspective that we would not tolerate someone urinating in our water well or burning trash next to our homes, it's incredible that a sub-group of the motoring public demands acceptance of their boorish behavior. It's not an expression of individuality or freedom, its a demonstration of being ill-mannered.

Sort of like second-hand smoke.

It was very carefully explained in a letter from a BMW rider in letters to the editor of a Harley type magazine. So I quote, "We are all alike. But you guys dress like pirates and we dress like Armadillos." That deserves a :) and a :wave but not a :scratch because it is so true.

We are more alike than we want to admit most times.

Probably not realistic to ask all of the citizens in Paris to wear ear plugs. Squelching a few thousand noisy scooters would work better.

Wouldn't be the first time, though, that the many were inconvenienced because of the behavior of the few!

Back