• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New from Dallas

mcquinn

Hey guys, new guy checking in. Just bought my first ever BMW and only second ever motorcycle. I used to live in Austin, had a 79 Triumph Bonneville that I tooled around on. I sold that when my first son was born and had been kicking myself ever since. Buddy of mine had an 85 K100 that had been converted to a cafe racer, he bought it, rode it for a few months and let it sit for a year out in the elements. Finally convinced him to sell it to me. Took it to a BMW dealership and they wanted $1200 to get it going including $500 worth of wiring work. Politely told them no thanks and took it home, took apart some connections and hit them with a wire brush, drained the gas tank and added fresh gas and had it started that night. Still a work in progress, back brake master cylinder is shot but that's no big deal. Have that ordered and in the meantime I'm taking off various brackets and whatnot to repaint. But she runs and rides like a beast! I haven't ridden a motorcycle in 20 years, don't have a license and have never taken a safety class so I need to get those taken care of, but it's fun to ride around the neighborhood for now. And it's just really nice to have a bike in the garage to tinker with

BMW.jpg

Come by and visit

McQuinn,

Come by one of our regular meetings. Click on the events on our website https://bmwdfw.bmwmoa.org go to the Calendar on any Saturday and click on the event it will give you information on our breakfast. Lots of knowledge that could help you with your bike. Also lots of other information about our club including a tech day on March 3rd.

Best regards,

Chris

Welcome to the forum! Looks that needs more than just neighborhood roads to stretch its legs! Get the paperwork done!!

McQuinn,

Come by one of our regular meetings. Click on the events on our website https://bmwdfw.bmwmoa.org go to the Calendar on any Saturday and click on the event it will give you information on our breakfast. Lots of knowledge that could help you with your bike. Also lots of other information about our club including a tech day on March 3rd.

Best regards,

Chris

Will definitely come say Hi! I know my way around mechanically but I have zero experience with BMW's and have several questions. Thanks for the invite, I look forward to meeting y'all

Back