• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

An ON question

CARVERBOATBOY

Just wondering .. Is anyone else still awaiting their February issue of ON? Or is my postman considering buying a BMW.

Jeff:dunno

Got mine 2/7 :D
Not bad considering I won't get my Feb issue of the OTL until late March. :german

Thanks guys .. Looks like Im not alone . Just wanted to make sure the helicopter carrying mine didnt crash. :jester

I have decided that they rotate the delivery route each month. It is just your month to be at the tail end of the route. ;) Either that or it is because Sandy isn't there to watch over the day to day. (Boy that comment will probably get me sent to the dog house. :nono )

Gee whiz ON

CARVERBOATBOY said:
Thanks guys .. Looks like Im not alone . Just wanted to make sure the helicopter carrying mine didnt crash. :jester

I got mine by the 4th or so, came the day after my "Cycle Canada". :brow

Orange County New York still waiting.. I was going to ask this question anyway.. Should there be an option as part of an additional membership tarriff for us to receive the mag via first class mail? I have found over the last couple of years that at least 2 issues a year don't make it to me for whatever reason and I have to contact the office for a replacement

I live in jersey and got mine on the second or third. Read it all already. Good brake bleeding article.

Belquar said:
I live in jersey and got mine on the second or third. Read it all already. Good brake bleeding article.

Speaking of which... that reminds me. Did anybody notice the author referred to the caliper PISTONS as caliper CYLINDERS many times throughout the article? That is either a glaring error, or unbeknownst to me the German word for "piston" doesn't translate well...

Feb ON

I got mine a week or so ago. There was an ad in it for a guy getting a divorce and selling his '05 R1200 RT with 900 miles on it for $5,000. But don't you guys worry, I already helped him out of his problem. :laugh :brad :laugh

Hope your ON arrives soon!!

Still waiting in Dallas. Until now I did not realise that ON is unlike other magazines, in that it arrives in the month printed on the cover. In the past I didn't check what issue was showing up, as they came with regularity.

So thinking that I should have received Feb. a while ago, I called the office and was told to call back if I don't get it by the tenth.

I'm eagerly watching the mail box. Or I would be, if my apartment was next to it... :laugh

bmw_rider said:
I have decided that they rotate the delivery route each month. It is just your month to be at the tail end of the route. ;) Either that or it is because Sandy isn't there to watch over the day to day. (Boy that comment will probably get me sent to the dog house. :nono )

Technically, the magazine is not late until the 10th of each month. The Nov. Dec. and Jan. issues all went out earlier than usual because of the holidays. I do not have a soulution to this unless we hand deliver each and every magazine!! Once the mailing list is out of here (which is the same time every month) I have no control as to when the magazine is going to arrive!

Becky Weber
Membership Manager

P.S. Sandy was NEVER here to watch over the day to day operations!

snoone said:
Orange County New York still waiting.. I was going to ask this question anyway.. Should there be an option as part of an additional membership tarriff for us to receive the mag via first class mail? I have found over the last couple of years that at least 2 issues a year don't make it to me for whatever reason and I have to contact the office for a replacement

There is an option on your renewal form that you can receive your magazine first class mail. It is an additional $25 per year. You can contact us at any time and we will pro-rate the amount. Let us know if you are interested.

Becky is correct in her post saying that we have no control over the delivery of your magazine. You may want to contact your post office because you might have a BMW riding mail man. If/when you don't receive an issue you can call the office and we will send you a replacement.

Ride Safe,
Tammy

I'd be curious to know how the mags are boxed and shipped out. I had a chance to see the Feb issue last Friday (2/3) at my local dealer, but mine has not appeared as of yesterday (2/8). This has been par for the course for me for the past few months, not getting it until the 10th or so.
Don

i kinda like getting my magazine in the month it was intended for, i get a little irked when i see febuary issues of magazines in november at B&N or wherever. as long as it comes about every 30 or 31 days i'm a happy customer. i got mine on the 3rd............

djw said:
I'd be curious to know how the mags are boxed and shipped out. I had a chance to see the Feb issue last Friday (2/3) at my local dealer, but mine has not appeared as of yesterday (2/8). This has been par for the course for me for the past few months, not getting it until the 10th or so.
Don

Magazines are generally shipped as bulk mail. This means that the post office doesn't have a specific delivery timeline, it just needs to get delivered. This is different than first class mail, which has some specific time requirements for delivery.

Delays in delivery are generally due to the delivery scheduling done at the local post office level.

djw said:
Don
The magazines for domestic delivery are dropped at the same time at the USPS station in Effingham, Illinois. They are presorted and bundled according to periodicals class regulations which means magazines going to same postal sorting station are bundled together and the issues are sorted into carrier routes. This helps speed delivery time (as well as saving us money) but individual delivery speed will vary depending on how busy local stations and mail carriers are. Periodicals class mail should be delivered faster than standard "bulk" mail.

I double checked and the February issue was delivered on schedule to the USPS on January 26, 2006. This should mean most U.S. members will receive their issues "around" the first of the issue month (with the remainder before the 10th). I have been told, however, the USPS has had delivery speed problems for the last several months all across the US. Complaints by our mailer have not made a difference (and this after a recent postal price increase).

Perhaps complaints by individuals to the USPS (or your local Congressmen) will help.

Michael Cohen
Art Director, BMW ON

Back