• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2013 K1600GT - Is there any height adjustment for the GPS cradle ?

desmoderek

MotoDruid
The bottom 1/4"of the screen is hidden behind the plastic dash, making it impossible to read the GPS Dashboard. Is there a way to move the entire cradle up a bit to enable a full view of the GPS screen?

TIA.

Do you have the stock Nav IV? The bezel on the 13s is smaller since it was made for the IV. And smaller than the 5 or 6.
There is some adjustment, but not much. Remove the Nav and there are screws on each corner of the chassis for adjustment.

Do you have the stock Nav IV? The bezel on the 13s is smaller since it was made for the IV. And smaller than the 5 or 6.
There is some adjustment, but not much. Remove the Nav and there are screws on each corner of the chassis for adjustment.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea the Nav IV was smaller than the Nav V (which I have,) and Nav VI.
I guess some careful dremmeling will open up the window a little. I noticed the four bolts that hold the cradle go through round holes - not much wiggle room, if any.

That's the best way to go. Had to do it on my 2012.

Sounds like an ideal solution. I think they're under $60 online.

How easy is it to do the swap?
I see two torx screws above the panel, are there other parts that need to be removed to gain access to do the swap?

Sounds like an ideal solution. I think they're under $60 online.

How easy is it to do the swap?
I see two torx screws above the panel, are there other parts that need to be removed to gain access to do the swap?

If I remember correctly, the speaker covers need to be removed as well.
Be careful of the SAT antenna which needs to be relocated to the new bezel.

Joe

NAV V and VI on a 2012

Just got a 2012 and love the bike, but this is an issue for me as well. I have a NAV V from my 2014 GS and would like to use it on the KGT as well. Any pointers on the best source for this new bezel, part #, and DIY instructions would be much appreciated. I'm pretty handy with doing these kinds of things, just dont't want to go down the wrong path due to not really knowing the bike yet. All help would be most appreciated!

Just got a 2012 and love the bike, but this is an issue for me as well. I have a NAV V from my 2014 GS and would like to use it on the KGT as well. Any pointers on the best source for this new bezel, part #, and DIY instructions would be much appreciated. I'm pretty handy with doing these kinds of things, just dont't want to go down the wrong path due to not really knowing the bike yet. All help would be most appreciated!

You'll notice that theres a Instrument Cover for the Nav 5

https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=53244&rnd=07242017
Go to drawing #46-1313
PN 46 63 8 546 302 INSTRUMENT COVER (from 08/13) $56.07

I haven't attempted to do the swap yet, but I've been told you have to:-
1. Remove the screen.
2. Remove upper cover bolts.
3. Remove speaker housings.
4. Remove the Instrument Cover, and move the satelite antenna carefully.
5. Re-assemble.

Thank you SOOOOO much! This is exactly what I was looking for, and it's already ordered from MAX. I really appreciated your detailed and timely teply. Hopefully I can return the favor some day.:wave

I swapped mine out a few months ago to get the full Nav VI experience :). As I recall it was just the two bolts up top (raise windscreen to highest setting) and the two below the gauges (on GT I reached through the gap in the handle bars. The speaker shrouds effectively held the SATNAV bezel in place, no screws/bolts actually holding the instrument panel around the Nav.

Nav Bezel swap

Did this today and am pleased with the result. Instructions and source above were spot on. Thanks for the help! Anyone want a NAV 4? :)

Back