• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1 day visitors pass....Required?

boehmedk

I saw that a one day visit pass is $35. Does that mean that my brother who lives in the area can't just come and see me? I'll greet him at the gate and be with him all of the time. Seems only fair.

Welcome to the forum! The way I understand it, all people inside the gates must have a pass. For people who only have time for one day, then Saturday is that day. If someone wants to visit on Thursday or Friday, it would appear they have to pay full price.

I saw that a one day visit pass is $35. Does that mean that my brother who lives in the area can't just come and see me? I'll greet him at the gate and be with him all of the time. Seems only fair.
Welcome to the forum!
A charge for a one day visitors pass is very common. Large events need large support from the food vendors to the porta-potties. Most of the infrastructure (tents, shuttles, etc) needs to be rented for a set time (amount of days) so both the attendees and 1-day visitors may have as good an experience as possible.
This question comes up every year......If you don't mind, I'll change the title to your thread to "1 day visitor passes" so that others with the same question can be helped.
You and your brother have a great time.
Gary

Anyone who is inside the rally gates will be required to have a pass. If your brother, sister, friend, etc..wants to come to the rally, they will have to have a day pass to get in and see everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the rally volunteers, including the Rally Chairs (who spend hundreds of hours planning the event) pay the rally gate fee. No one gets a free pass.

visits

This isn't my first Rally. I've been going to them for a few years. In Minnesota I had a local friend come visit and he just walked in. I have no problem with the day pass. I love the rallies!

visits

Welcome to the forum!
A charge for a one day visitors pass is very common. Large events need large support from the food vendors to the porta-potties. Most of the infrastructure (tents, shuttles, etc) needs to be rented for a set time (amount of days) so both the attendees and 1-day visitors may have as good an experience as possible.
This question comes up every year......If you don't mind, I'll change the title to your thread to "1 day visitor passes" so that others with the same question can be helped.
You and your brother have a great time.
Gary

"Thanks!"

You also need to know that at the Beer Garden, by Saturday, no one is allowed to buy a beer who has not registered. e.g. you must have a bracelet on.

just a quick FYI

MAD DOG
2018 Des Moines BG Chair:drink

I appreciate that the rallies are not open to anyone wanting to walk through and check things out. When I'm camping on my way to or from a rally I hesitate to leave anything in my tent while I'm hiking. I've never been hit but have known campers that lost expensive sleeping bags and even their tents while they were out on a day hike. At the rally, I haven't a worry in the world.

I appreciate that the rallies are not open to anyone wanting to walk through and check things out. When I'm camping on my way to or from a rally I hesitate to leave anything in my tent while I'm hiking. I've never been hit but have known campers that lost expensive sleeping bags and even their tents while they were out on a day hike. At the rally, I haven't a worry in the world.

The only National I recall with gear gone missing actually occurred in your home state. Some one was spotted looking inside numerous tents, Rally chair was notified, snooper was identified, local LEOs detained the suspect (go Green and Gold), and all goods were returned to their rightful owners. Very low key and very effective. The Rally is one big Neighborhood Watch.

Friedle

The only National I recall with gear gone missing actually occurred in your home state. Some one was spotted looking inside numerous tents, Rally chair was notified, snooper was identified, local LEOs detained the suspect (go Green and Gold), and all goods were returned to their rightful owners. Very low key and very effective. The Rally is one big Neighborhood Watch.

Friedle

I'm sure that person was from Massachusetts!

This isn't my first Rally. I've been going to them for a few years. In Minnesota I had a local friend come visit and he just walked in. I have no problem with the day pass. I love the rallies!

He accidentally “lucked” out😜. In Minnesota we tried for day passes (historically there had been none). We ran out of time to get it passed. 😖. IIRC Billings was the first National to have a Saturday day pass.

If someone got in free in MN it was through a lapse in Fairgrounds Gate security. Hope he enjoyed it👍

Back