• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First BMW, long time Rider

calsgone

Should have it soon when the shop stuff gets done. A 1997 BMW r1100RS, a 35k one owner bike, that looks new. Looking forward to more fun on it. Missed my Triumph 955i, and so I just got a companion for my Yamaha Majesty 400, an auto tranny maxi scooter, my town ride . I hear those longer Oregon roads calling again, so many roads and so little time. Good to find a long time group to get to know, my boat building group assn. has been fun for 20 years. Be seeing you on the road, eh !!

Just a note, Paul

Thank you, Paul. I have read a number of your well considered responses. Always in awe of a real wrench guru. Fortunately one of my good friends taught me enough to know that I will never get to that status. Wood boat building, guns and gold casting are entirely different.

I look forward to anything you might share, so those points can be addressed, either by me or at a good shop. Fixing stuff before failure sounds like a good idea, once I can get to know the right guy. Happy new year, Texas must be about right weather now ----- Cal

Thank you, Paul. I have read a number of your well considered responses. Always in awe of a real wrench guru. Fortunately one of my good friends taught me enough to know that I will never get to that status. Wood boat building, guns and gold casting are entirely different.

I look forward to anything you might share, so those points can be addressed, either by me or at a good shop. Fixing stuff before failure sounds like a good idea, once I can get to know the right guy. Happy new year, Texas must be about right weather now ----- Cal

I always try to be helpful. I have been in the MOA since 1977. A life member since 1986. A magazine columnist for 20 years. And a Board member and former President too. If I can help, I try.

Back