• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is it safe to tour in the States?

I doubt exchange rate is a decline in CDN's going south. We have always had that balance problem and in some respects, isn't worth a discussion.

It costs me $120 CDN for a full tank of fuel in my truck and today in Grand Forks, same amount of fuel, $100.00 CDN. I bought four doors, six awning windows at Menard's for 1340.00 CDN. Same here, just over $2K. Time+Fuel-exchange+taxes/duty, I'm still ahead.

White Castle cost me $13.00 CDN and a box of Rolling Rock was $32.00. No White Castle or real Rolling Rock here.

I truly believe, and I have mentioned this before, the media is perpetuating urban myths and unfortunately, people believe in stuff they read in the media and the internet and believe it to be true without actually taking the time to form an opinion of their own.

Hi diesel you old Winnipegger you. I do agree with what you say about news reporting and people's interpretation of same. For years I owned a Canadian satellite TV system and over time came to really appreciate the CBC. Down here the news media presents news in such away that it becomes mostly entertainment, kind of like a mindless sitcom if you will. As far as the internet goes well, that's kind of a mixed bag at best. Now, I use the internet like most folks these days but if I had my way the internet would cease to exist. I think the negatives have begun to outweigh the positives where the net is concerned. I miss in depth magazines and daily newspapers the most. Online retailers like Amazon have changed the landscape in a negative way where conventional retailers are concerned. Yup, I have a Netflix account as well as Amazon Prime but I also have a well used library card. Don't own a cell phone and don't want one. Also, don't have satellite or cable TV just an old fashioned roof top antenna with an off-air TIVO. Life was more simple without the net and maybe a bit slower as well.

Oops, my age is showing.:)

Back