• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Advice on trip from Australia to the United States

raytubbs

Hello All

I have had someone inquire to some specific advice on their two month trip from Australia to the United States. I have copied the email below and am hoping some of the experts here can help her and her husband out as they are heading this way in late June. I can forward on to her or leave her email address once I hear back from her with approval - thanks!

"My husband and I are coming go California at the end of June 2017 for a 2 month motorcycle riding holiday.

At this stage i am thinking of air freighting my 2016 BMW R1200R over to ride. However I would need a customs clearing agent to get the bike through Customs. I would then need to get the still crated bike shipped to a BMW dealer or experienced mechanic to prepare it for riding, as they empty out the fuel and disconnect the battery. Also I would need to get a temporary registration for me to be able to ride it from end June to beginning of September 2017 and I'm not sure how to do that?

Alternatively I would be looking to do a guaranteed buy back for a BMW R1200R's but I am having trouble finding a dealer in California that would do that. Have you got any contacts that you know do guaranteed buy back.

I need to get this sorted asap so your help and earliest reply would be appreciated.

Thank you

Julie "

Back